If you listen to any song from that time period with a sound that is anywhere from punkish to the collaboration of music of the musicians coming together in Live Aid, chances are Trevor Horn was behind its production.
For their 30th anniversary, ZTT is releasing a special anniversary 2xCD + digital deluxe compilation titled "The Organisation of Pop" featuring 28 tracks, many of which are available in North America for the first time.
Due out October 15 (Razor & Tie), "The Organisation of Pop" contains previously unreleased tracks from Art of Noise, late-'80s dance-rock outfits Nasty Rox Inc., Das Psycho Rangers and much more...
Tracklist: The Organization of Pop: Music From The First Thirty Years of ZTT Records
Disc 1: The Organisation of Pop (the Action Series, from ZTT)
• Grace Jones – Slave To The Rhythm
• Seal – Kiss From A Rose
• Frankie Goes To Hollywood – Relax (New York Mix)
• 808 State – Pacific (Justin Strauss 0101 Mix)
• Art of Noise – Beat Box
• Propaganda – Dr. Mabuse (Abuse)
• Tom Jones – If Only I Knew (Cold Stop Version)
• MC Tunes vs 808 State – Dance Yourself To Death (Dust Brothers Radio Edit)
• Propaganda – Sorry For Laughing (Unapologetic 12” Mix)
• 808 State – Cubik (Pan American Excursion)
• Frankie Goes To Hollywood – Two Tribes
• Shane MacGowan and Sinead O’Connor – Haunted
• The Frames – Star Star
• Art of Noise – Moments In Love (Beaten)
Disc 2: The Disorganisation of Pop (the Incidental Series, from Zang Tuum Tumb)
• The Buggles – We Can Fly From Here (Part One)
• The Frames – Say It To Me Now
• Shane MacGowan and Maire Brennan – You’ve The One
• Lee Griffiths – Sweet Baby James
• Das Psycho Rangers – Homage to the Blessed
• Art of Noise featuring Rakim – Metaforce
• Nasty Rox Inc. – Escape From New York (12” Mix)
• ACT – Snobbery & Decay (That’s Entertainment Mix)
• The Buggles – I Am A Camera (12” Mix)
• Frankie Goes To Hollywood – Welcome To The Pleasuredome (Fruitness Mix)
• Lisa Stansfield – The Moment
• The Buggles – We Can Fly From Here (Part Two)
• Andrew Poppy – Kink Konk Adagio
You can also purchase a limited edition T-shirt featuring the beautiful "Organisation of Pop" artwork by Ian Hazeldine/zhang T-tumt. Available from ZTT's European and American merch stores.
Zang Tuum Tumb was founded in 1983 by record producer Trevor Horn and Journalist Paul Morely. The label is home to an influential catalogue of electronic pop comprising 50 albums and a further 100 singles including chart-toppers like Frankie Goes To Hollywood ("Relax") Seal ("Kiss From A Rose") and Art of Noise ("Moments in Love") among others.
Zang Tuum Tumb is headquartered at Sarm Studios in London. Catalogue marketing and sync is administered in North America by Razor & Tie and, by Union Square Music in the UK and by U/M/A/A in Japan.
Find Out More:
ABOUT RAZOR & TIE
Razor & Tie is the largest privately owned independent music label in North America. The full service label has been in existence since 1990 and has been co-owned since its inception by entrepreneurs Cliff Chenfeld and Craig Balsam.
The label employs an expert staff that provides strategic marketing, publicity, new media/online marketing, tour marketing, radio and video promotion, as well as in-house creative team and video production services.
With over 40 million units sold, 21 plus years in business and multiple Grammy Awards, Razor & Tie has been rapidly expanding their roster to include a variety of both established and developing artists such as All That Remains, Attila, Brad, Chelsea Grin, Dar Williams, Dave Barnes, Foreigner, For Today, Hatebreed, Joe Jackson, Jon McLaughlin, Nonpoint, Norma Jean, P.O.D., Saves The Day, Shadows Fall, Such Gold, and many more.
The label also boasts successful kids music artists such as award-winning Laurie Berkner, Imagination Movers, Super Why! and The Wiggles.
Find Out More:
ABOUT UNION SQUARE MUSIC
Union Square Music is one of the UK's leading reissue and compilations specialists, releasing good value high quality CDs and downloads right across the musical and entertainment spectrum. They offer a range of publishing, sub-publishing and territorial representation at usmpublishing.co.uk
Based in West London, all Union Square single and multi-artist titles are released on various label imprints including Metro, Greatest Ever, Simply, Ultimates and their specialist re-issues label Salvo and children's label USM Jnr.
Find Out More:
Manufacturer: Razor & Tie
Amazon - Buy New For: $49.99 | Used For: $31.96