Friday, 21 September 2012 18:45
Games - Games
|← Remember Me TGS Trailer Shows the Combo Lab||"They Say this is the Last Console, and I am Certainly a Believer in that" says Nvidia →|
Gamers in the U.S. can no longer pre-order a Wii U at GameStop due to "overwhelming demand". Well, unless you're in GameStop's Powerup Rewards loyalty program. Then you can get on a wait list to be able to pre-order it. Yep...the demand is that crazy.
"Demand for Wii U has been off the charts and we know many of our PowerUp Rewards members are anxious to get their hands on one," said GameStop president Tony Bartel. "We're happy to offer our customers this exclusive opportunity to join the wait list for this must-have item,"
An exclusive opportunity to join a wait list. Well, it could be worse. Many major retailers like Target have already stopped taking orders on their website. Powerup Rewards members can put their names on the wait list at any GameStop in the U.S., no deposit needed. You will then receive communication when a Wii U is up for grabs and have 48 hours to respond. But it really doesn't seem likely anytime soon. And don't think you can get it from Amazon either, as they aren't even carrying the system.
Still, it isn't hurting Nintendo, as Nintendo of American president Reggie Fils-Aime noted last week to GamesIndustry.biz that ""We have a number of retailers taking pre-orders and the feedback that I'm getting from retailers is extremely strong in terms of pre-sales and consumer excitement at the store."
Did you already preorder your Wii U (if you’re getting one)? Or are you waiting to see how it does?
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Gamers in the U.S. can no longer pre-order a Wii U at GameStop due to "overwhelming demand". Well, unless you're in GameStop's Powerup Rewards loyalty program. Then you can...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- If Don Bluth Made a Portal Animation, This is What It Would Look Like
- Whew: Browser-Based RPG Conclave Kickstarted at the Last Minute
- TGS: PC and Console Games Are Old, Fat, and Unlovable
- We Could Have Had a Left for Dead Expansion for Cabin in the Woods
- 15 Things Fans Want to See in Dragon Age 3
- "They Say this is the Last Console, and I am Certainly a Believer in that" says Nvidia
- Blizzard Considering Free-to-Play Options for Starcraft II Multiplayer
- 343 Industries says Halo 4 is 99% Finished
- Star Wars Poster Artist Realizes Borderlands 2 Promo Art Bears Striking Resemblance to his Work
- Battlefield 3: Only One Knife Takedown Can Be Happening in the Map at One Time for It to Work