Friday, 10 August 2012 05:33
Games - Games
|← The Last Guardian Trademark Abandoned||You'll be Shocked by What CryENGINE 3 Can Do →|
Couldn't get to Germany for Gamescom, but were looking forward to Star Wars Celebration VI in Florida, where you were hoping to see what was in store for the next phase of the MMO far, far away? Prepare to be disappointed. A mere two weeks before the beginning of the Celebration, Bioware have dropped out.
In a post on the official forums, Bioware confirmed that they wouldn't be appearing at the event, citing a lack of staff available to cover the event. This was a sting for fans not only because of the lateness of the announcement (many of them had already bought tickets to the show and air fair), but also because The Old Republic will still be making an appearance at Gamescom, hundreds of miles across the other side of the world.
Some people are saying that this shows a lack of dedication to the Star Wars community and an obvious focus on "just" gamers, although I suppose it comes down to reach, target audience and cost.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Couldn't get to Germany for Gamescom, but were looking forward to Star Wars Celebration VI in Florida, where you were hoping to see what was in store for the next phase of the MMO far, far...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Europa Universalis 4 Announced for Q3 2013 Release
- Setting the Skyline straight - Some Thoughts on Bioshock Infinite's Multiplayer Fiasco
- Sleeping Dogs' Launch Trailer Brings the Action to Hong Kong
- Battlefield 3's Battlelog Now has a "Loadout" Feature
- Best Local Co-op Games for Xbox 360, PS3 & PC
- You'll be Shocked by What CryENGINE 3 Can Do
- NCSoft/En Masse TERA Lawsuit Settled
- Joe Danger The Movie Trailer is Epic
- When Gamers Attack: The Bioware/Erik Kain Story
- Rayman Legends Introduces New Barbaric Lass