Monday, 06 August 2012 10:16
Games - Games
|← Sony Trademarks "Rain"||Namco Bandai Reveals Gamescom Line-Up →|
While Gears of War is one of the most popular shooters in this generation of gaming, could the third-person cover-based title migrate to be a First-Person Shooter (FPS) in the near future?
In the latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine (OXM), Gears of War Executive Producer Rod Fergusson states, "I'm a big believer in never say never," when it comes to the Gears of War going the FPS route. Fergusson also added, "It's all about what's interesting in the industry at the time and where fans want us to take it. We don't want to say never but it's not on the top of my mind either. We look at what makes sense and move in that direction."
The next chapter in the Gears saga is Gears of War: Judgment and is being developed by Bulletstorm developer People Can Fly.
So, if ever Epic wants to the Gears of War franchise to move Call of Duty or Battlefield sales numbers, could going the FPS route be the answer? That and of course, going multiplatform.
Would you want Gears of War to have an FPS version or is it good the way it is now?
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
While Gears of War is one of the most popular shooters in this generation of gaming, could the third-person cover-based title migrate to be a First-Person Shooter (FPS) in the near...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Vigil Games Reveals “Arena Mode” and “New Game +” for Darksiders 2
- PAX "Behind the Music of Blockbuster Games" Panel Announced
- Latest Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Shows Us "Xenos vs. Marines"
- Capcom Teasing that "Some Good Stuff" is Coming to the Wii U
- Sony Trademarks "Rain"
- Namco Bandai Reveals Gamescom Line-Up
- Minecraft Will Have Consequences for Killing Villagers
- Sony Announces the "PlayStation Collections"
- Next Xbox Confirmed by Microsoft General Manager
- Arc System Works Announces BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma