Friday, 03 August 2012 04:50
Games - Games
|← THQ Releases Darksiders 2's "Last Salvation" TV Commercial Spot||EA: Zynga is Running a Marathon and They Just Hit a Wall →|
Ubisoft says that players will be able to customize their multiplayer loadouts for Far Cry 3 outside of the game, through their browser or an iPhone/Android application that they're currently developing.
In an interview with VG247, Ubisoft Montreal lead designer Mark Thompson disclosed the studio's plans to create an accessible experience for the upcoming shooter, which also supports competitive and co-op modes.
“The multiplayer experience has three main components: PVP with multiple different game modes and a strong team based component; a 4 player co-op campaign independent of the single player story; and the return of the map editor allowing players to create and share their own maps,” he said.
“On top of that we have other community enriching features with web to game content that allows players to build their load outs outside of the game through a browser or smart phone.”
Thompson also disclosed that players' online profiles will be consistent across PVP and co-op modes, so gaining XP will contribute to your player profile in all aspects of multiplayer.
The team also has plans to implement social aspects in the game's single player campaign, which are presumably leaderboards.
“There are also social aspects of the single player campaign that we haven’t revealed yet that will bring out the competitive streak in players.”
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Ubisoft says that players will be able to customize their multiplayer loadouts for Far Cry 3 outside of the game, through their browser or an iPhone/Android application that they're currently...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Bethesda "Not Satisfied" with PS3's Dawnguard Performance, No Release Date Yet
- Assassin's Creed 3 Developer Warns of Dangers of Making Games Too Long
- Call of Duty Elite Surpasses 12 Million Members, 2.3 Million "Premium" Users
- Valve Honors Sleeping Dogs With TF2 Items: The Triad Pack
- THQ Releases Darksiders 2's "Last Salvation" TV Commercial Spot
- EA: Zynga is Running a Marathon and They Just Hit a Wall
- DICE's Battlefield3 DLC "Armored Kill" Gets New Footage, Tank Superiority Game Mode Detailed
- Diablo 3 Sells 8.8 Million Units Since Launch, has more than 10 Million Players to Date
- World of Warcraft Subscriptions Down to 9 Million Users
- Rise of the Triad Reboot Announced