Friday, 03 August 2012 05:16
Games - Games
|← Assassin's Creed 3 Developer Warns of Dangers of Making Games Too Long||Valve Honors Sleeping Dogs With TF2 Items: The Triad Pack →|
Earlier in the day, Activision held its second quarter earnings call and in it, the publisher divulged that its Call of Duty Elite service now has over 12 million members.
If you didn't know, Call of Duty has two tiers when it comes to memberships, there's the free one, which anyone can sign up for, and the "premium" one which gives players all of the upcoming DLC for that year's Call of Duty game.
Out of that over 12 million members, 2.3 million of them are "premium" or paying customers.
While that number is no doubt, impressive, it's worth noting that Call of Duty Elite's main competitior -- which is EA's Battlefield 3 Premium -- only launched earlier this year and has already amassed over 1.3 million paying customers. In contrast to Call of Duty Elite which launched day-and-date with Modern Warfare 3 last year in November.
Now, It wouldn't surprise me if EA's Battlefield 3 Premium eventually catches up to it, but then again, I'm quite certain that once Black Ops II comes around, there will be more Call of Duty Elite members signing up for the paid subscription, too.
Are you one of the 2.3 million who paid for Call of Duty Elite? If so, are you happy with what you've received so far?
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Earlier in the day, Activision held its second quarter earnings call and in it, the publisher divulged that its Call of Duty Elite service now has over 12 million members. If you didn't...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Tutorial Teaches You How to Make a Street Fighter 4 Character into a Street Fighter 3 Sprite
- Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Patch Now has a Date...for Japan, at Least
- Halo 4 Gets Its Second Batch of McFarlane Toys, Featuring New Characters
- Bethesda "Not Satisfied" with PS3's Dawnguard Performance, No Release Date Yet
- Assassin's Creed 3 Developer Warns of Dangers of Making Games Too Long
- Valve Honors Sleeping Dogs With TF2 Items: The Triad Pack
- THQ Releases Darksiders 2's "Last Salvation" TV Commercial Spot
- Far Cry 3 Will Offer Social Features Through iPhone App, Browsers
- EA: Zynga is Running a Marathon and They Just Hit a Wall
- DICE's Battlefield3 DLC "Armored Kill" Gets New Footage, Tank Superiority Game Mode Detailed