Friday, 03 August 2012 03:04
Games - Games
|← Diablo 3 Sells 8.8 Million Units Since Launch, has more than 10 Million Players to Date||Sometimes Less is More →|
Activision has released its financial earnings for the second quarter and it reveals that its best-selling MMO -- World of Warcraft -- might be losing some steam.
According to their report, World of Warcraft lost 1.1 million subscribers in the last quarter and is now down to 9.1 million members globally. Furthermore, it also states that most of the World of Warcraft subscription losses were from the East.
While this is in no way a small number, it's worth pointing out that ths is the most subscribers lost by the MMO since the third quarter of last year when it managed to lose 800,000 paying members.
Of course, losing a million subscribers is never a good thing, but it's also worth noting that World of Warcraft is still the number one MMORPG in the world and its closest competitor can't even break a million paying subscribers, so I wouldn't press the panic button just yet.
Are you still playing World of Warcaft? Do you think the playerbase will continue to decline?
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Activision has released its financial earnings for the second quarter and it reveals that its best-selling MMO -- World of Warcraft -- might be losing some steam. According to their report,...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- THQ Releases Darksiders 2's "Last Salvation" TV Commercial Spot
- Far Cry 3 Will Offer Social Features Through iPhone App, Browsers
- EA: Zynga is Running a Marathon and They Just Hit a Wall
- DICE's Battlefield3 DLC "Armored Kill" Gets New Footage, Tank Superiority Game Mode Detailed
- Diablo 3 Sells 8.8 Million Units Since Launch, has more than 10 Million Players to Date
- Rise of the Triad Reboot Announced
- Ascend: New Gods Getting PC Port with Some Cross-Platform Interaction
- South Koreaâ€™s $35 Billion Dollar Real-Life SimCity Experiment
- Daedalic Entertainment Announces The Rabbitâ€™s Apprentice
- Will Wright Shares His Vision for a Colony on Mars