Friday, 03 August 2012 04:01
Games - Games
|← Will Wright Shares His Vision for a Colony on Mars||Diablo 3 Sells 8.8 Million Units Since Launch, has more than 10 Million Players to Date →|
At EA's Summer Showcase event held yesterday, the publisher had DICE's Niklaus Fegraeus take the stage and show off Battlefield 3's upcoming expansion Armored Kill.
Admittedly, the new footage shown off is but a few seconds, but we do get new details on Armored Kill's new game mode Tank Superiority.
The new game mode, outlined by DICE on the Battlefield blog, is explained as:
Tank Superiority is a highly tailored game mode for Armored Kill where platoons featuring Main Battle Tanks and Tank Destroyers fight for control over a single flag – often placed in extremely open and hard-defended terrain. The new game mode resembles a “King of the Hill” struggle and is available on all four maps in Armored Kill, each map featuring a mix of up to 16 tanks.
DICE is also introducing a new vehicle in the fold with the "Tank Destroyer," which the studio outlines as, "a more lightly armored tank (similar to Infantry Fighting Vehicles in armor) but faster and with the same firepower as a main battle tank. Keep moving and the Tank Destroyer is hard to hit but packs the same punch as the regular tanks on the battlefield."
Lead Designer of the expansion Gustav Halling states that they wanted to push tank-based gameplay to the "extreme" with Tank Superiority; and adds that he wanted to create something similar to Battlefield 1943's "Air Superiority" game mode with Tank Superiority's inclusion.
Armored Kill is set for release in September with Battlefield 3 Premium members getting a two-week headstart.
Are you hyped to play this or are you looking for more infantry-only maps?
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
At EA's Summer Showcase event held yesterday, the publisher had DICE's Niklaus Fegraeus take the stage and show off Battlefield 3's upcoming expansion Armored Kill. Admittedly,...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Call of Duty Elite Surpasses 12 Million Members, 2.3 Million "Premium" Users
- Valve Honors Sleeping Dogs With TF2 Items: The Triad Pack
- THQ Releases Darksiders 2's "Last Salvation" TV Commercial Spot
- Far Cry 3 Will Offer Social Features Through iPhone App, Browsers
- EA: Zynga is Running a Marathon and They Just Hit a Wall
- Diablo 3 Sells 8.8 Million Units Since Launch, has more than 10 Million Players to Date
- World of Warcraft Subscriptions Down to 9 Million Users
- Rise of the Triad Reboot Announced
- Ascend: New Gods Getting PC Port with Some Cross-Platform Interaction
- South Koreaâ€™s $35 Billion Dollar Real-Life SimCity Experiment