Sunday, 29 July 2012 07:02
Games - Games
|← Red 5 CEO Jokes That Firefall Beta Changes Have Made it "More Like Firefall 2"||OnLive to Arrive to Ouya at Launch →|
Indie developer Nifflas has teamed up with Green Hill and Ripstone Publishing to create Knytt Underground, to be released later this year on PS3 and PS Vita. Versions for Windows, Mac and Linux have been announced as well.
Knytt Underground is a sequel to Knytt and Knytt Stories, downloadable freeware platformers available here. While those games achieved an impressive atmosphere using effective pixel art, Nifflas seems to have eschewed that style for this release (given the screenshot seen above), while still maintaning much of the art style that originally made the games so evocative.
And with Green Hill's assistance, Knytt Underground is promised to be the "biggest" game Nifflas has ever developed. In the press release, Nifflas intimated that not only will this be the grandest scale project he has done, but it's also " the first game where I feel that I have a story to tell. It's about the big questions; trying to understand life and our place in it - and failing completely."
Via: Indie Games
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Indie developer Nifflas has teamed up with Green Hill and Ripstone Publishing to create Knytt Underground, to be released later this year on PS3 and PS Vita. Versions for Windows, Mac and Linux...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Microsoft Announces New Mice and Keyboards for Windows 8
- Black Ops 2 Leaked Achievements Are Probably Fake
- Dragon's Dogma 2 Will Have Quest Creation
- Ubisoft â€˜Uplayâ€™ DRM Exposed as Rootkit, Poses Security Risk
- Quake Live Patch: Pay $4 a Month or Play Crappy Maps
- OnLive to Arrive to Ouya at Launch
- Modders Restore Cut Content in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
- How Resident Evil 6 Blends Aspects of Past Games Together
- Notch Persson Addresses Gender and Genderlessness in Minecraft
- Silent Hill: Revelation 3D Movie Trailer has a Few Familiar Faces