Friday, 27 July 2012 07:13
Games - Games
|← Assassin's Creed 3 New York Setting Detailed||EA Spends $2.75 Million on Facebook Ads for Battlefield 3, Gets 440% Return on Investment →|
Capcom's Yoshiaki Hirabayashi has revealed in a new interview that his upcoming game, Resident Evil 6, will offer four-player co-op—up from the two-player co-op mode in Resident Evil 5.
The developer has also stated that Capcom had never initially set out to create a 4-player game—it's simply something that happened organically during the process of the game's development.
“That wasn’t the goal from the beginning, but we had all these stories that we want to tell and we wanted a way for them to intersect and give you a different perspective on the stories that are happening for the other characters," said Hirabayashi-san. "And then we thought, ‘Well, just having the stories themselves, just the stories, is kind of boring.’ We wanted a more interesting way of getting that to the player. So we thought, ‘Well, if that was actually playable, it just didn’t happen in the cutscenes, but that it was playable. Then the two groups of players playing together, that would be interesting.’”
Hirabayashi-san stated further in the interview with GameInformer that the developers had pooled their resources towards developing the game's campaigns, but that they're aware of players' desires to see player versus player combat. Regarding PVP, the deveoper revealed no more than that.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Resident Evil 6 Capcom's Yoshiaki Hirabayashi has revealed in a new interview that his upcoming game, Resident Evil 6, will offer four-player co-op—up from the two-player co-op mode in...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Paradox Announces "Impire," its New Devilish Strategy Game
- Diablo 3 Hotfixes Address Barbarian and Wizard Invulnerability
- This Diablo 3 Arcade Cabinet is Awesome
- You Have No Friends
- Assassin's Creed 3 New York Setting Detailed
- Black Ops 2 Multiplayer to be Playable for First Time Ever at GameStop Expo 2012
- Windows 8 is a Disaster for PC Gamers, Blizzard and Valve Devs Voice Concern
- Dishonored Maps Out the City of Dunwall
- Xbox 720 May Offer Gesture-Based Music Game Similar to Wii Music
- Halo 4 Jetpack Footage Shows Death From Above