Friday, 27 July 2012 08:00
Games - Games
|← Diablo 3 Hotfixes Address Barbarian and Wizard Invulnerability||You Have No Friends →|
Gaming can trace its roots–at least most of its roots—to the arcade. Outside of homes with incredibly expensive consoles, arcades were the place to go and play games with your friends, offering the likes of Golden Axe, Gauntlet, Raiden, Street Fighter II, and a host of other brawlers, fighters, and shoot-em-ups.
Needless to say, arcades were kind of a big deal back in the day.
Looking back, Diablo 3 seems like the kind of game that would've been popular at an arcade. With this in mind, a gamer named Dave Niewinski, who also happens to be an arcade builder, has put together his very own Diablo 3 arcade cabinet to combine his two great loves.
"I grew up playing Gauntlet on old-school arcade machines," he wrote. "They came out with other console versions later, but using the joystick and buttons was always my favourite. When Diablo 3 was announced as coming out, the idea to make an arcade cabinet and controls for it just made sense."
Have a look at what he's done.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Gaming can trace its roots–at least most of its roots—to the arcade. Outside of homes with incredibly expensive consoles, arcades were the place to go and play games with your...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted Gameplay Walkthrough Video Puts the Pedal to the Metal
- Capcom: We Brought Zombies Back in Resident Evil 6 Because They're "Popular" & Fans "Love" 'em
- Borderlands 2 to Feature 200-300 Enemy Types, Will Be Smarter than Borderlands 1's
- Paradox Announces "Impire," its New Devilish Strategy Game
- Diablo 3 Hotfixes Address Barbarian and Wizard Invulnerability
- You Have No Friends
- Assassin's Creed 3 New York Setting Detailed
- Resident Evil 6's Four Person Co-Op Mode Was Developed Organically
- Black Ops 2 Multiplayer to be Playable for First Time Ever at GameStop Expo 2012
- Windows 8 is a Disaster for PC Gamers, Blizzard and Valve Devs Voice Concern