Friday, 27 July 2012 11:37
Games - Games
|← Kazunori Yamauchi on Gran Turismo 6, Vita||Paradox Announces "Impire," its New Devilish Strategy Game →|
If you're wary of seeing the same enemies over and over in Borderlands 2 in your quest to get the best loot, don't be as Jasper Foreman, lead AI programmer at Gearbox, states that Borderlands 2 will feature 200-300 enemy variants and they'll be smarter than the enemies in Borderlands 1, too.
Speaking with Joystiq, Foreman states that the game will have 15-20 enemies but each type has numerous variants; thus bringing the overall number of foes between 200-300. He even tried to count them all by running a script, but ultimately gave up. Needless to say, there will be a lot of enemies for you to shoot at.
Foreman also talked a bit about the game's new bad guys that's set to make their debut in Borderlands 2. One of these new enemies is called the Goliath. Keeping in line with their name, Goliaths are large enemies whose main job is to kill you. In their quest to do this, they wear helmets that give them tunnel-vision to destroy whatever's in front of them. Interesting fact revealed by the studio is that when a player shoots of a Goliath's helmet, it will send the behemoth in a blind rage which will make him attack whatever is on his path -- even fellow enemies!
To read up on more enemy types, click here.
Was enemy variety one of your problems in Borderlands 1? Is this news alleviating your concers at all?
Borderlands 2 is set to come out on September 18 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
If you're wary of seeing the same enemies over and over in Borderlands 2 in your quest to get the best loot, don't be as Jasper Foreman, lead AI programmer at Gearbox, states that...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Sauropod Studios' "Castle Story" Kickstarter Reaches Goal in Under 5 Hours
- Red 5 CEO Jokes That Firefall Beta Changes Have Made it "More Like Firefall 2"
- EA Spends $2.75 Million on Facebook Ads for Battlefield 3, Gets 440% Return on Investment
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted Gameplay Walkthrough Video Puts the Pedal to the Metal
- Capcom: We Brought Zombies Back in Resident Evil 6 Because They're "Popular" & Fans "Love" 'em
- Paradox Announces "Impire," its New Devilish Strategy Game
- Diablo 3 Hotfixes Address Barbarian and Wizard Invulnerability
- This Diablo 3 Arcade Cabinet is Awesome
- You Have No Friends
- Assassin's Creed 3 New York Setting Detailed