Tuesday, 24 July 2012 23:35
Games - Games
|← Korean Customs Service Busts Nintendo Piracy Ring||Far Cry 3 on Character Development and Personal Narratives →|
Relic Entertainment says that the new engine they’re using to power the upcoming Company of Heroes 2 will have fully dynamic weather.
The so-called Essence Engine comes with a technology they developed in-house called ColdTech, which allows the game to depict the effects of cold weather in a battlefield in a realistic manner. Soldiers who remain unsheltered from the elements will freeze to death, just as the Germans did during their invasion of Russia, which happened in the Winter of 1941.
In order to prevent cold-related deaths, soldiers will have to build fires, and the snow will even melt based on its proximity to heat.
The weather system will simulate snowfall, and even register footprints and tracks left behind by soldiers and vehicles. Just as it is in reality, deep snow will be difficult to traverse and hinder movement. The simulation also allows for lakes to be frozen over—or collapsed.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Relic Entertainment says that the new engine they’re using to power the upcoming Company of Heroes 2 will have fully dynamic weather. The so-called Essence Engine comes with a...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Deadlight Launch Trailer Released
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Ad Banned Over Complaints
- The Last of Us Will Have Changing Seasons
- Darksiders 2 is Four Times Larger Than Darksiders
- Korean Customs Service Busts Nintendo Piracy Ring
- Far Cry 3 on Character Development and Personal Narratives
- ToeJam & Earl To Be Re-released on PSN and XBLA
- Awesomenauts Patch Adds Fixes, Two New Characters
- A Sum of Parts: Eyes on the Media
- Indie Royale July Jubilee Bundle Launch Video