Tuesday, 24 July 2012 10:19
Games - Games
|← Ubisoft: Our Next Big Brand is Watch Dogs||Gearbox Prez: I'm Astonished No One's "Stolen" Borderlands' Ideas Yet →|
While Nintendo was the top dog way back in the NES and SNES days, it seems to be facing stiff competition nowadays from Sony and Microsoft.
Could this stiff competition eventually lead to Nintendo's hardware exit soon? Just like SEGA, which was their main competitor ages ago? According to former EA COO Bing Gordon, Nintendo is "already on track" to do just that.
I think Nintendo's already on track to become primarily a software company. We saw that with Sega back in the day; Sega made some missteps and became primarily a software company. Nintendo hasn't really made missteps, Nintendo probably has better creative talent and better leadership now than Sega did. It's got the most robust business model, the best creative talent; Miyamoto's still the best in the business.
Now, before you Nintendo fans grab your pitchforks and claim this man's an uneducated idiot, you should know that aside from being the former COO of EA, he's also on the board of directors for Amazon and social gaming giant Zynga. So his thoughts aren't just some mindless drivel that's being passed around.
It's honestly hard to see NIntendo being a software-only company since the 3DS is selling very well, but do keep in mind this is the same sentiment people had when SEGA was at its peak.
Do you think Gordon has a point? If so, should Nintendo just exit the home console market and just focus on handhelds?
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
While Nintendo was the top dog way back in the NES and SNES days, it seems to be facing stiff competition nowadays from Sony and Microsoft. Could this stiff competition eventually lead to...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Quantum Conundrum DLC Packs Detailed
- Nintendo to Stick With 3D in Future Handhelds
- QuakeCon 2012 Schedule is Ready to Rock Your World
- Amalur Sequel was Almost Financed by Grand Theft Auto Publisher
- Ubisoft: Our Next Big Brand is Watch Dogs
- Gearbox Prez: I'm Astonished No One's "Stolen" Borderlands' Ideas Yet
- THQ Regains Strong Footing on NASDAQ
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII Lives, Details Forthcoming
- Square Enix CEO Debunks FF Versus XIII Cancellation Rumors
- Konami Launches Dedicated PES Productions Studio in London