Saturday, 21 July 2012 20:51
Games - Games
|← Halo 4: Everything You Need To Know About The Halo Array||Darksiders II Original Soundtrack Available for Pre-Order →|
'Line Pirates, the current Kickstarter project from Spudnugget Studios, is a card-based strategy game that wants to bring together casual and hardcore gamers on Facebook of all places.
The game, which is a collectible card game which involves organizing one's deck to battle opponents with, is meant to combine more social, short play sessions with the sense of achievement of playing a more complex title. 'Line Pirates works via a grid on which cards are strategically placed, and players can then use their cards' location in relation to other cards to gain advantages.
“Many Facebook games are sadly just time wasters. You click, and then click again an hour later to collect a bunch of junk. That’s why we’re building the game ‘Line Pirates: to bring higher quality gaming to Facebook, "says Kim Lumbard, Spudnugget leader, in a press release.
While this definitely sounds like it could potentially add a little more complexity to the Facebook game arena, it is also very much designed to be a social game. 'Line Pirates promises solo, co-op or competitive play and is not designed to be as prolonged as other card-based games.
And unlike farms, city-building and Scrabble clones, 'Line Pirates has a science fiction conceit more akin to hardcore gaming. The game's title refers to the universe's villains, the Timeline Pirates, who are on a quest to alter the course of history. The protagonist, Ezzy, is recruited by the heroic MultiVersal Corps to help stop them in their tracks. You can check out the Kickstarter here, which only has 28 more days to go.
Via: That Videogame Blog
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
'Line Pirates, the current Kickstarter project from Spudnugget Studios, is a card-based strategy game that wants to bring together casual and hardcore gamers on Facebook of all...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Critical Path Project Provides Unique Insights Into Game Development
- 17 Maxed Out Draw Distances in Video Games
- Diablo 3: Blizzard Shatters Silence on PvP Mode, Details Revealed
- Assassin's Creed 3 Creative Lead: "Desmond needs to end."
- Square Enix Releases Kingdom Hearts 3D Launch Trailer
- Darksiders II Original Soundtrack Available for Pre-Order
- Mass Effect + YouTube Audio Transcription = Hilarity
- Steam Summer Sale - July 21
- Diablo 3 Botter Reveals He Made Over $3000 in Profit
- Halo 4: Everything You Need To Know About The Halo Array