Friday, 20 July 2012 19:26
Games - Games
|← God of War: Ascension Will Not Feature Violence Against Women||Nintendo 3DS XL Has 9 Percent Less Glare →|
Trippy indie platformer Sound Shapes is getting three tracks scored by Grammy Award winner Beck.
The tracks, entitled "Spiral Staircase," "Cities" and "Touch the People," feature not only as background music but as part of the gameplay. As the video above demonstrates (showing gameplay associated with "Cities"), the music is as much part of the gameplay as it is part of the aesthetics. The video shows members of the animation studio Pyramid Attack as they figure out how to translate the composition into the Sound Shapes level.
On the PlayStation Blog, developer Quesy Games' Matthew Kumar wrote, "Each song shows off a different aspect of Beck's creativity, and therefore we had to make sure that we did each of those songs justice."
The game also features tracks by Deadmau5 and Jim Guthrie.
Sound Shapes is slated for release on August 7 in the US for $14.99 and August 8 in Europe for 12.99 euros. The game will release on the PS3 and the PS Vita, and will feature cross-platform play so that buying it on one console means being able to access it on the other with no additional cost.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Trippy indie platformer Sound Shapes is getting three tracks scored by Grammy Award winner Beck. The tracks, entitled "Spiral Staircase," "Cities" and "Touch the...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- The Day the Portal 2 Co-Op Bots Rampaged Through Liberty City
- Flying Wild Hog Releases Free Hard Reset Artbook as a PDF.
- Thatgamecompany Launches Official Online Store
- Fortnite Producer Suggests Online Requirement is a Possibility
- Assassin's Creed Gets the Tabletop Treatment
- Nintendo 3DS XL Has 9 Percent Less Glare
- Steam Summer Sale - July 20
- South Park: The Stick of Truth Screenshots Released
- Minecraft Sells Over Three Million Units on Xbox LIVE Arcade
- Wasteland 2 Alpha Screenshot Revealed