Friday, 20 July 2012 10:04
Games - Games
|← GTA 5 Won't Be at Gamescom||Alternative rock artist Beck composing three tracks for Sound Shapes →|
The God of War series is known for its brutality and violence, and has—in the past—depicted violence against women, which is rather uncommon even in videogames.
In God of War 3, there was an exceptionally disturbing scene in which Kratos, the protagonist of the game, chains a partially clothed woman to a gear mechanism. The gears crush the woman, whose body then causes the gears to jam thus allowing Kratos to proceed to the next area.
Speaking to IGN, Sony Santa Monica's David Hewitt said that God of War: Ascension will not feature violence of that sort. The team took feedback from critics who pointed out the violence shown in the game's trailer at E3.
"There are some things we've pulled back from," Hewitt said. "I think where this has been an issue is with violence against women — the team's pulled back from some of that and assessed that a little more carefully.
"There are certain things that carry a different kind of resonance that we don't want to get into. This isn't about statement-making in that regard. It's about fleshing out this character."
Rather than committing acts of sadism, Kratos's violence will come from necessity, not for the sheer enjoyment of it.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
The God of War series is known for its brutality and violence, and has—in the past—depicted violence against women, which is rather uncommon even in videogames. In God of War 3,...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Minecraft Sells Over Three Million Units on Xbox LIVE Arcade
- Wasteland 2 Alpha Screenshot Revealed
- Watch this Amazing Fake Dishonored Movie Trailer
- Borderlands 2's On-Disc Content "Locked Down," Gearbox Now Working on Post-Launch Content
- GTA 5 Won't Be at Gamescom
- Nintendo to Focus On Making Wii U Different Than Others, Not Beefier
- Solo Play in Dead Space Was Too Scary, So Dead Space 3 Will Have Co-op
- How An Hour With Modern Warfare 2 Made Me Hate Video Games
- Fez Developers won't "Patch the Patch"
- Revengeance Gameplay Tutorial Shows Slicing, Dicing and Surprise Attacks