Friday, 13 July 2012 18:33
Games - Games
|← New PlayStation 3 Model Images Leak out||Breaking: Get Battlefield 4 Beta Access When You Pre-Order Medal of Honor Warfighter →|
Day One, a new adventure game from Spanish indie studio Pendulo (Yesterday, The Next Big Thing), is going the way of crowdsourcing on Gamesplanet Lab. Pendulo is looking for 300,000 euros over the next 56 days to fund Day One, describe by the developer as a " dark comedy about corruption, easy money, immorality, politics, death, DRMs and other curses of our time!"
This is established within a minute-and-a-half by the trailer, which features the main character, Ethan, trying to unsuccessfully pitch his game idea to an off-camera publisher.
"It' just too...weird," the publisher replies.
The premise is indeed that, encompassing the kind of thematic risk-taking large publishers are wont to avoid. The story follows the terminally ill Ethan who is told by his doctor that he has less than a day to live. When he returns home, he finds a mysterious capsule with a note attached which reads, "This will keep you alive 24 extra hours. Come to Paris for more. We'll find you."
Of the game, Pendulo teases,
"You can expect the usual high production values that have made Pendulo a reference in the genre: gorgeous 2D graphics, colorful characters, great cinematics, wonderful atmosphere and music, crafted puzzles, intricate stories, witty dialogues, tons of humor, crazy references to all kind of culture and media products... But this time, we'll make them matter."
The studio is offering a 10-euro ($15) "glorified pre-order" which grants users a DRM-free download of the game upon release. A 40-euro ($60) donation will give users the chance to have submitted content added to the game at the developer's discretion, as well as giving users access to the beta.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Day One, a new adventure game from Spanish indie studio Pendulo (Yesterday, The Next Big Thing), is going the way of crowdsourcing on Gamesplanet Lab. Pendulo is looking for 300,000 euros over...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Watch the Official Opening Cinematics for Zone of the Enders HD Collection
- Deadpool Gets a Videogame of His Very Own
- Mortal Kombat Legacy Returns for a Second Season
- Breaking: Get Battlefield 4 Beta Access When You Pre-Order Medal of Honor Warfighter
- New PlayStation 3 Model Images Leak out
- World of Warcraft Old Server Blades Help Raise $330,000 for Charity
- David Cage, Ellen Page and Kadeem Hardison Talk Beyond: Two Souls
- New ZombiU Gameplay Footage is Legitimately Spooky
- Take a Look At Tim Schafer's Yo-Yo Skills
- Gears of War: Judgment Now Has a Release Date