Wednesday, 11 July 2012 07:49
Games - Games
|← Vivendi Seeks Buyers for Activision Blizzard: Microsoft, Tencent and Time Warner Named||Halo 4 Armor and Helmets Detailed →|
Valve has just released the Source Filmmaker on Steam, which is now available for free as a public beta.
The Source Filmmaker (SFM) is the movie-making tool that Valve developed in-house, and has used to develop all of its animated films for Team Fortress 2. The SFM makes use of all the in-game assets available to the Source game engine and allows the user to direct a film with a full range of controls.
The SFM uses the hardware rendering power of the modern gaming PC and provides its users with a “what you see is what you get” environment so you can iterate and make changes on the fly, in the context of what the film will look like for the audience.
The SFM public beta comes with all the base game assets from Team Fortress 2 as well as additional assets from the “Meet the Team” short films. Valve has also set up a host of tutorials and an official wiki to get you started.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Valve has just released the Source Filmmaker on Steam, which is now available for free as a public beta. The Source Filmmaker (SFM) is the movie-making tool that Valve developed in-house,...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Arctic Strike DLC Comes to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier In Two Weeks
- Assassinâ€™s Creed 3 Liberation Extended Trailer Showcases Murder, New Environments, Badassery
- Report: Arkham City Devs Working on "Silver Age" Justice League Prequel
- Malicious Will Blast Its Way to PSN This Month
- Vivendi Seeks Buyers for Activision Blizzard: Microsoft, Tencent and Time Warner Named
- Halo 4 Armor and Helmets Detailed
- Rumor: Mass Effect 3 "Earth" Multiplayer DLC Details Leaked
- Konami Finally Adding Trophy Support to Metal Gear Solid 4
- UK Makes PEGI Rating System Legally Enforceable
- Kinect PlayFit Offers Fitness Tracking an Achievements