With less than a month until Total Recall arrives in theaters, Sony Pictures is ramping up the viral effort, all of it centered around Rekall. Since the contemporary version of Rekall can't exactly go implanting false memories in your head, it will instead offer actual experiences as prizes in a sweepstakes. These experiences git into nine different categories to suit winners' particular interests and enthusiasms, such as a Fashionista experience with Heidi Klum and her stylist or a UFC Champion experience being trained in the octagon with professionals.
Here's how the contest works. Make your own personalized Rekall video explaining your specific Rekall memories. Investigate the official Rekall site at WelcometoRekall, where you can enter into the sweepstakes by linking to your Facebook page and your video. Doing so enters you into the running to win one of the nine prizes below:
- The Sports Anchor winner will spend the day at ESPN headquarters to get the full experience of a day in studio, provided by ESPN
- The Rock Star winner will hang with Green Day, attend a sound check and receive backstage access provided by Pandora
- The Fashionista winner will meet Heidi Klum and her stylist in Los Angeles, sponsored by AOL
- The Secret Agent winner will attend the Stiletto Spy School or the MI6 Academy, sponsored by Yahoo! Movies
- The UFC Champion winner, sponsored by UFC, will train with pro fighters and sit octagonside with the trainer
- The Celebrity winner will live like a celebrity in Los Angeles and attend a red carpet event, sponsored by Wonderwall
- The DJ winner will receive DJ lessons from a high-profile DJ, sponsored by Complex
- The Video Gamer winner will travel to Microsoft headquarters to meet a game developer and receive the chance to battle it out with a pro, sponsored by Microsoft
- And the Millionaire winner will receive 1,000,000 Sony Rewards points, sponsored by Sony Rewards. With Sony Rewards, members can get rewarded for doing the things they already love – like going to the movies, playing games, sharing and more. The points can be used to redeem for the latest Sony electronics, movies, music and games – and even once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
So head over to WelcometoRekall post haste in order to make your fantasy real.
Next week at Comic-Con in San Diego, as well as Los Angeles and New York, you'll also be able to find Rekall kiosks that enable anyone and everyone to choose their own Rekall and generate a picture badge of themselves in the middle of their fresh new memory.
Directed by Len Wiseman, the new Total Recall stars Colin Farrell as Doug Quaid, a construction worker whose first visit to Rekall goes horribly awry, revealing that he may not be the normal guy he thought he was. Rather, he might be a deadly assassin and spy whose mind contains invaluable information relating to a potential war between the futuristic nations of Euromerica and New Shanghai. The supporting cast includes Kate Beckinsale, Bryan Cranston, Jessica Biel, John Cho, Bokeem Woodbine, Bill Nighy, and Ethan Hawke.
Total Recall hits theaters on August 3rd.