Friday, 06 July 2012 07:14
Games - Games
|← Tales of Xillia Confirmed for US and European Release in 2013||GreenManGaming Has a 25% Discount Off All The Games →|
Despite the decline of the retail games market, Sony is adamant that retailers will be crucial to the next generation of consoles, which includes the PlayStation 4 and the next Xbox.
Speaking to MCVUK, Sony UK head Fergal Gara says that the success of next generation consoles will depend highly on how well retailers manage to invest in support for the new hardware.
Shops would have to show strong backing for publishers and platform developers and update their displays with only the latest and greatest hardware.
"We'd love to see as many retailers as possible maintain their interest in servicing the space," Gara said. "Clearly down the road many of us are going to be doing our best to give another injection into the market whenever the next cycle starts."
"Coming down off that 2008 peak has been a steep ride for many and has involved fallout on many levels, not least of all retail.
"So what we're seeing is not really a surprise, a bit of a readjustment if you like and it isn't just happening to the specialists on the High Street. There is a bit of a reappraisal around space and the commitment from other retailers."
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Despite the decline of the retail games market, Sony is adamant that retailers will be crucial to the next generation of consoles, which includes the PlayStation 4 and the next Xbox....
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- PlayStation All-Stars Release Date and Pre-Order Bonuses Announced
- Resident Evil 6 Standard Edition Box Art Unveiled
- Splinter Cell Blacklist Writer Details Sam Fisher's Motivations
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Characters Unveiled in New Trailer
- Tales of Xillia Confirmed for US and European Release in 2013
- GreenManGaming Has a 25% Discount Off All The Games
- 25 Worst Gaming Magazine Covers From the '90s
- TellTale Announces Mid-August Walking Dead: Episode 3 Release
- Scrolls Moves Into Closed Alpha
- More Minecraft 360 Character Skins Revealed