Thursday, 05 July 2012 09:19
Games - Games
|← Nintendo: "When Something Unique Comes up, it's Difficult for People to Understand It"||Diablo 3: Commodities Coming Soon to Real Money Auction House →|
The next update (version 1.3) to Minecraft is set to offer a fundamental change in how the game works in its entirety. Notably, the single-player version of Minecraft will no longer exist on its own and instead live as a shell on top the multiplayer game.
Mojang says that this fundamental adjustment to the game will make the game a lot easier to modify, as the company will not have to release separate versions of the modding API each time they update the game. Additionally, if a bug is fixed in either single player or multiplayer, it'll be fixed for both without the developers having to work on each build separately.
Minecraft 1.3 sees plenty of new additions, including a new chatting screen, the ability to share your single player worlds with your friends in multiplayer, a trading system that allows you to conduct commerce with villagers, emeralds and emerald ore, and the possibility to write books in Minecraft and leave stories for others to read.
Additionally, there's a new tripwire system so you can set up deadly traps and a variety of contraptions. There's also new stairs, new half-slabs, cocoal plants, tweaked dispensers, leaves, cauldrons, levers, gravel, pressure plates, cookies, buckets, boats, minecarts, ice, furnaces, and the ability to get magic orbs from mining and smelting.
All that's missing is the kitchen sink.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
The next update (version 1.3) to Minecraft is set to offer a fundamental change in how the game works in its entirety. Notably, the single-player version of Minecraft will no longer exist on...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Microsoft Expertzone Interviews 343 Industries
- Modern Warfare 3 Getting MW2 Map "Terminal" for Free
- Nintendo: Difference Between Wii U Graphics Compared to PS4, Xbox 720 Won't Be So Drastic
- Soul Sacrifice Screenshots, Character Details Released
- NiGHTS Into Dreams... Remake is More Than a Dream
- Diablo 3: Commodities Coming Soon to Real Money Auction House
- Resident Evil 6 to Feature Ada Wong in Storyline, Separate Campaign Rumored
- Wargame: European Escalation Gets Free Conquest DLC
- Marvel vs Capcom: Origins Announced for XBLA and PSN
- Hitman Absolution: The Saints ICA File Revealed