Thursday, 05 July 2012 04:13
Games - Games
|← On the Road to Evo with “More Than a Game”||Japanese Vita Sales Rise Again →|
Sony may indeed be planning to release a new series of slimmer, more efficient PlayStation 3 consoles, if a filing with the FCC is anything to go by. The filing implies that the 4000 series PS3 will have a new case and that the wi-fi will not be upgraded to the N standard.
The above is a picture submitted for the new 4000 series. It actually seems a little bigger than the 3000 consoles, the current slim series, although that might be down to scale and the way the image has been posted. With Gamescom only about a month away, any official comment on this will be held until then, but it wouldn't surprise anybody to see a price cut and a new, cheaper console. There have been rumours for months and no doubt Sony are interested in recapturing a few of those early Xbox-adopters before the reveal and release of the PlayStation 4.
For comparisons to other FCC filings and discussion on what this could all mean, check out Neogaf.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Sony may indeed be planning to release a new series of slimmer, more efficient PlayStation 3 consoles, if a filing with the FCC is anything to go by. The filing implies that the 4000 series PS3...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Hitman Absolution: The Saints ICA File Revealed
- Square Enix: More Final Fantasy XIII Content to Come
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Confirmed for US and Europe Release
- Halo 4 Offers Intelligent Spawn System, Randomized Ordinances, No Fall Damage
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle Announced for PS3
- Japanese Vita Sales Rise Again
- Fans to Microsoft: "Take Chris Brown off our Dashboard"
- New Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Game Incoming?
- Nintendo: "When Something Unique Comes up, it's Difficult for People to Understand It"
- New Art Book Announced for Assassin’s Creed III