Tuesday, 03 July 2012 19:20
Games - Games
|← Google Files Patent Application to Recognize Faces in Youtube Videos||Shigeru Miyamoto Elaborates on His Future During Nintendo Shareholders Meeting →|
Karl Magnus Troedsson, DICE general manager, had a few choice words for the repetitive state of the FPS genre over at Edge.
“If they don't see some kind of new, if not revolutionary then at least evolutionary, step of rendering in every game they will start to lose interest. And I think that is what's happening.”
“A lot of franchises out there don't take this seriously, ” he says.
Troedsson goes on to note the move away from the “modern setting” in FPS games, observing thematic trends—be it with dinosaurs or WWII. However, the GM is skeptical that this will incur real change at the design level.
“It will definitely drive the franchise forward for whatever game, but it's not true innovation, it's more a thematic change that has a perceived value to the gamers out there.”
Troedsson doesn’t foresee a future of emotionally profound FPS games, but as far as DICE is concerned, he believes the company has a strong philosophy toward making spectacular games, saying,
“We want to make the best game that we can, and we want that game to be the best one on the market. If gamers think that, then we've done our job. We're not there yet, but we're working on it."
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Karl Magnus Troedsson, DICE general manager, had a few choice words for the repetitive state of the FPS genre over at Edge. “If they don't see some kind of new, if not...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Activision Holding Fourth of July Sale for Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 DLCs
- Do The Creep: A Look at the Unity-Based Indie Game Slender
- Assassin's Creed 3 Gets a Patriotic New Live-Action Trailer
- Japanese 19-year-old Arrested for Distributing Wii Software Mods
- Google Files Patent Application to Recognize Faces in Youtube Videos
- Shigeru Miyamoto Elaborates on His Future During Nintendo Shareholders Meeting
- Researchers Demonstrate Android App Vulnerability with “Clickjack Rootkit”
- Dead Space, Metal Gear, Duke Nukem Immortalized in Statue Form
- Metro: Last Light Gas Mask Giveaway Supreme
- Iwata Discusses 3DS Success or Lack Thereof