Friday, 29 June 2012 11:51
Games - Games
|← Skyrim in Real Life Has Never Been Funnier||PSN Summer Sale to Start this Tuesday, Will Offer Bonus Discounts for PS+ Members →|
It seems EA's Battlefield 3 Premium service is proving to be very successful for the publisher. Just how successful? How about the fact that over half a million players have coughed up for it already?!
In an interview with USA Today, EA Games boss Patrick Soderlund reveals that the premium service has already amassed over 800,000 paying members since its launch a mere two weeks ago.
Soderlund also admits that the initial response has surpassed EA's expectations and adds, "we are very pleased with the performance so far." With close to a million members already, I can imagine he is.
Battlefield 3 Premium is, of course, EA's answer to Activision's Call of Duty Elite service. The Premium service basically nets you all of Battlefield 3's upcoming expansions by paying for it it advance. In turn, members will get a two-week headstart on the expansions, exclusive skins, events and more compared to their non-paying peers.
The next expansion is called "Armored Kill" and is set for release in September later this year.
Seeing as each Battlefield 3 Premium membership is at $50 a pop, well, it's quite obvious why EA is already looking into expanding this business model into its other franchises.
Are you one of the over 800,000 members of Battlefield 3 Premium? Don't forget, Premium members will be getting a double XP week starting on July 2. If you're not a Premium member, are you thinking of signing up?
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
It seems EA's Battlefield 3 Premium service is proving to be very successful for the publisher. Just how successful? How about the fact that over half a million players have coughed up for...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Agent 47 Claims Another Victim
- GOG Summer Sale Day 11
- Mass Effect 3's FemShep Gets the Anime Treatment by Kotobukiya
- The Last of Us Exclusive Footage to be Unveiled at Comic Con
- Pokemon Black 2 Sells More Copies Than White 2
- PSN Summer Sale to Start this Tuesday, Will Offer Bonus Discounts for PS+ Members
- The Last of Us Gets the LittleBigPlanet Treatment
- DICE Offering Double XP for a Full Week for Battlefield 3 Premium Members
- Hero Academy Coming to Steam, Will Include Team Fortress 2 Characters
- Gears of War: Judgment to be Penned by Extra Lives Scribe Tom Bissell