Thursday, 28 June 2012 06:10
Games - Games
|← Pokemon Black/White 2 Release Date Announced||SimCity Social: EA Unleashes Attack Ad on FarmVille →|
ArenaNet and NCSoft have announced that their upcoming game, Guild Wars 2, is set for launch on August 28 this year. The release date was announced today after months of uncertainty lead many to believe it would slip well beyond 2012.
Like its predecessor, Guild Wars 2 is entirely subscription-free and takes place long after the events of Guild Wars and its expansions. This time around, players will have the opportunity to play numerous races in addition to a wide range of character classes.
"We're offering gamers an experience that delivers on the promise of online gaming with a truly social experience in an immense, shared world," said ArenaNet's Mike O'Brien. "After five years of creation, development, and polish, announcing the launch date of Guild Wars 2 is a huge milestone for us, but the thing we're most looking forward to is seeing gamers from all over the globe explore this world and begin creating their own stories."
The game will be released simultaneously in Europe and in North America on August 28 for the PC.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
ArenaNet and NCSoft have announced that their upcoming game, Guild Wars 2, is set for launch on August 28 this year. The release date was announced today after months of uncertainty lead many...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Tecmo's Dead or Alive 5 Now has a Taekwondo Expert as a New Character
- Cliff Bleszinski: No Kinect Integration in Gears of War: Judgment
- Diablo 3 Patch 1.03b Delayed, Hotfixes For Loot Drops Incoming
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Producer Admits DLC was a Mistake
- Pokemon Black/White 2 Release Date Announced
- SimCity Social: EA Unleashes Attack Ad on FarmVille
- Black Ops 2 to Offer Nuketown 2025 Multiplayer Map
- The Last of Us Will Include Multiplayer
- Mercury Steam Working on Contra Reboot, Doesn't Want to Be Known as a "Castlevania-Only" Studio
- Mercury Steam Wants to Reboot Contra, Doesn't Want to Be Known as a Castlevania-Only Studio