Monday, 25 June 2012 00:48
Games - Games
|← Reggie Fils-Aime on Unsatisfied Gamers: "An Interesting Challenge"||Diablo 3: Zombie Bears Fix Coming Soon →|
Blizzard has released a large-ish statement on its decision to implement a purchase delay for digital copies of the game. The delay, as we previously reported, can last up to 72 hours and locks buyers to the Starter Edition of Diablo 3 until their payment clears.
The development was met with numerous complaints, and the company made little effort to explain its decision.
The reasoning Blizzard provides for the delay is to deter credit card fraud. The company says that in most cases, restrictions will only apply for a day. The company says that its restrictions are no different from the ones in place for World of Warcraft. The restrictions were created to help reduce gold spam and throwaway accounts used to scam legitimate players.
"However, as an unintended consequence of these security measures, players who purchase the game digitally after patch 1.0.3 are temporarily being capped at level 13 and not able to proceed beyond Act I. We are working to correct this as soon as possible and will provide another update when we have more details to share." (via kotaku)
Many players may still grieve at the security measures, but it goes without saying that Blizzard should have made a proper announcement with a clear reasoning for the delay before implementing it.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Diablo 3 Blizzard has released a large-ish statement on its decision to implement a purchase delay for digital copies of the game. The delay, as we previously reported, can last up to 72 hours...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Dragon's Dogma Sequels Planned, One Million Units Shipped
- Company of Heroes 2 Screenshots Reveal Flamethrowers, Armor
- Resident Evil 6 Collector's Edition Announced for Europe
- Infinity Blade: Dungeons is Epic Games' Dungeon Crawler for iOS
- Reggie Fils-Aime on Unsatisfied Gamers: "An Interesting Challenge"
- Diablo 3: Zombie Bears Fix Coming Soon
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Confirmed for 2013
- Medal of Honor Warfighter Gets Australian Cover
- GOG Summer Sale Day 6
- Halo 4 Behind-The-Scenes at E3 2012