Thursday, 21 June 2012 12:21
Games - Games
|← THQ Reveals the Making of "Enter the Metro" Live-Action Short Film||THQ Ignoring iOS, Tablet Gaming for Now →|
343 Industries has just revealed a new enemy type in Halo 4's Promethean race. They're called Crawlers and are armed Forerunner machines that's capable of both close-quarters and long-range combat.
Seeing as they look a dog/wolf, it's logical that they travel in packs and is what 343 calls the most abundant "native" enemy on Requiem.
This enemy type is spawned by Watchers, who conjure the Crawlers' raw forms from the material and debris of the planet beneath them. If Watchers are the conjurers, Knights treat them as "fodder," spawning them at a rapid-rate to harass the player at the Knight's bidding.
Here's what they officially look like.
Aside from that, the studio also released a rather cool clip showing the animation prototype for the Crawlers.
The Crawlers themselves look kinda puny to be honest, but there will be different types -- there's a basic unit, a long-range one, and heavily armored crawler. That should keep things interesting, no?
Study the Crawlers now and be ready for them when Halo 4 ships on November 6 for the Xbox 360.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
343 Industries has just revealed a new enemy type in Halo 4's Promethean race. They're called Crawlers and are armed Forerunner machines that's capable of both close-quarters and...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Sine Mora Confirmed for PS Vita and PlayStation 3
- Final Fantasy VII is Coming to Steam
- Halo 4 Forerunner Mystery Weapons
- Blizzard: Diablo 3 Digital Copies Will Take Up to 72 Hours to Unlock
- THQ Reveals the Making of "Enter the Metro" Live-Action Short Film
- THQ Ignoring iOS, Tablet Gaming for Now
- Thatgamecompany Confirms Journey Collector's Edition
- Rumor: Gaikai Actively Seeking Buyers
- GOG Summer Sale Day 3
- Nintendo: The Wii U Could Become the Preferred Method for Call of Duty