Thursday, 21 June 2012 09:39
|← Justin Vs. Justin: Can Bieber Take Timberlake's Crown?||Green Day Go Power-Pop On Uno!, Dos!, Tre! Trilogy →|
'My decision to leave Ween .... was absolutely not made in haste,' Aaron Freeman tells Rolling Stone.
By James Montgomery
Last month, much to the consternation of those who worship at the altar of the Boognish, Ween's Aaron Freeman announced — rather matter-of-factly — that he was ending Ween, telling Rolling Stone "It was a good run."
That was apparently a surprise to Freeman's longtime musical partner, Mickey "Dean Ween" Melchiondo, who wrote on his Facebook page that the breakup "is news to me, all I can say for now I guess."
But now, in a new statement to Rolling Stone, Freeman addressed the split — and Ween's fans — letting it be known that his decision was not a rash one.
"I want to thank each and every one of you all for your kind words and support. It means a lot. My decision to leave Ween, however interpreted, was absolutely not made in haste," Freeman's statement reads. "It's evolved over a decade's worth of internal and external struggle." Freeman didn't elaborate on those struggles, but did add that he has no bad blood with Melchiondo, whom he founded Ween with more than 25 years ago. And he closed by saying that he'll continue to make music ... minus the Gene Ween moniker.
"Know that I am extremely proud of all that is Ween. And while Mickey and I are going our separate ways, I wish him only the best. I will always have nothing but love and respect for what we created together," the statement reads. "I need to now move on for myself and for my family. I still, as always, look forward to a future filled with music as Aaron Freeman."Related Artists
Source: MTVQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
'My decision to leave Ween .... was absolutely not made in haste,' Aaron Freeman tells Rolling Stone. By James Montgomery ...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Laura Jane Grace's Transgender Life: How Has It Affected Her Family?
- 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' Cast Share Slo-Mo Acting Tips
- 'American Idol' Top 10 Tune Up For Idols Live! Tour
- 'Taken 2' Trailer: Five Key Scenes
- Justin Vs. Justin: Can Bieber Take Timberlake's Crown?
- Green Day Go Power-Pop On Uno!, Dos!, Tre! Trilogy
- Justin Bieber Headed For Year's Biggest Debut With Believe
- Trae Tha Truth In 'Pain' After Death Of Dinky D
- Carly Rae Jepsen, Owl City Stay Up All Night On 'Good Time'
- Justin Bieber's Concussion Drama Plays Out On TV