Crytek: Wii U is Minimum as Powerful as Xbox 360, Unannounced Wii U Game being Developed on CryEngine 3
Wednesday, 20 June 2012 10:56
Games - Games
|← Portal 2 as an Educational Tool: Now You're Learning With Portals||World of Warcraft Monopoly Collector's Edition Now Available →|
Concerns in regards to the Wii U's horsepower has been running rampant ever since the console's announcement. And unless Nintendo showcases a graphically-impressive game, I don't think that's going to stop anytime soon.
This shouldn't be the case according to Crytek (Crysis franchise) CEO Cevat Yerli. In an interview with CVG, Yerli admits that his opinon of the Wii U is "very high," and adds that the console can run CryEngine 3. Not only that but there's even a game for the Wii U that's being developed on it!
It doesn't mean that CryEngine 3 doesn't run on Wii U - it actually runs beautifully. In fact, there actually is a game in development from a respected developer that we will be announcing. I've seen the game running and it looks really great.
Aside from that bombshell, Yerli states that he doesn't understand the public's concern with the Wii U and how it's supposed to be weaker than the consoles we have now.
From my perspective I do not understand the public's concerns that the Wii U is weaker than PS3 and 360...That I cannot see. From my perspective the Wii U is minimum as powerful as Xbox 360.
Well, there you have it, folks! Crytek debunks all that "Wii U is not really next-gen" talk that's been floating about. Now, the only thing we need is actual proof, no?
Do you believe Yerli's statements or is he just saying all this because a game's coming out on CryEngine 3 for the Wii U?
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Concerns in regards to the Wii U's horsepower has been running rampant ever since the console's announcement. And unless Nintendo showcases a graphically-impressive game, I don't...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Halo 4 Multiplayer Won't Have Spectator Mode
- EA's Peter Moore: Games Will Become Services, Microtransactions Will be in Every Game
- JAM Live Music Arcade Review
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Rumored to be Announced Soon
- Portal 2 as an Educational Tool: Now You're Learning With Portals
- World of Warcraft Monopoly Collector's Edition Now Available
- This Might Be the Closest Thing to Zombies in Battlefield 3 We'll Ever See
- Nintendo Offering "Insane Incentives" for Publishers to Sell Retails Games Digitally on Wii U (Rumor)
- Halo 4 Demo Playable at Rooster Teeth's RTX Convention
- EA Registers Domain Name for "The Cap Lab"