Wednesday, 13 June 2012 08:04
|← Keira Knightley Promises More 'Theatrical' 'Anna Karenina'||Adele Tops Billboard Chart Again, Ties Purple Rain Record →|
Ush's new clip mixes footage from his recent off-Broadway stint with some seriously sultry dance moves.
By James Montgomery
Last month in New York, Usher put in work on the set of off-Broadway show "Fuerza Bruta," starring as the show's Running Man and giving fans an impromptu sneak peek at his (then upcoming) Looking 4 Myself album.
But now, with the album in stores and its second proper single, "Scream," at radio, it looks like Ush was using that experience for something else: namely, the inspiration for the "Scream" video, which premiered Tuesday.
The clip is basically one long "Fuerza" performance, only this time, Usher isn't limited to the confines of the stage. Dressed in a natty suit, and backed by beams of light, he makes like his titular character in the production, running through a black expanse that seemingly stretches on forever (of course, he does make use of periodic pit stops to break into dance — it is an Usher video, after all). He's joined at the end by a female dancer, and the two share some seriously sultry moves.
Mixed in with the video is footage taken from his actual "Fuerza Bruta" performance — a female cast member floats above him, suspended in a bubble, water splashing around her. And much like the show itself — which is performed on a 360-degree stage, giving fans unprecedented views of the action — that live footage gives the "Scream" video a kinetic jolt to match the track's pounding, club-ready production.
Part live clip, part swaggering, oversexed performance video, Usher's "Scream" showcases the man doing what he does best: belting out a pulse-quickening, come-hither track while dancing like nobody else in the business. And hey, if this whole R&B megastar thing doesn't work out, perhaps Ush could make a name for himself on Broadway. As he proves with his new video, he's certainly got the moves.Related Videos
Source: MTVQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Ush's new clip mixes footage from his recent off-Broadway stint with some seriously sultry dance moves. By James Montgomery Usher in his "Scream" video Photo: RCA Records Last month in...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Miley Cyrus Shoots Down Rumor She's Cheating On Liam Hemsworth
- Metallica Post PSA Asking For Help In Finding Fan's Killer
- Keira Knightley Promises More 'Theatrical' 'Anna Karenina'
- 'Spider-Man' Villains: Who Are Andrew Garfield's Favorites?
- Usher Teases 'Incredible,' 'Crazy' Collabo With David Guetta And Ludacris
- Drake Toasts Fallen Friend, Dazzles On Club Paradise Stop
- Usher/Swedish House Mafia Bromance Started In Ibiza
- 'Breaking Dawn' Photo Reveals Vampire Bella ... And Renesmee!
- Henry Hill, Inspiration For 'Goodfellas,' Dead At 69
- Ice-T 'Made A Few Calls' To Get Kanye In 'Art Of Rap'