Wednesday, 13 June 2012 01:33
Games - Games
|← Games on Demand Sale List Goes Live||Aisha Tyler Posts "I'm a Gamer" Rant on Facebook →|
When a website dedicated to Capcom fighting games gets a list of potential updates for games across their favourite company's fighting division, they have no choice but to post it. Like them, however, I'm going to warn you that this was randomly received from an anonymous, unconfirmed source and, while much of what's in the post makes sense, take it with a massive pinch of salt.
Everything below was sent to Hadoken.net, and is the full email they received.
Regarding Street Fighter x Tekken:
- Several testers have been fired over the Rolento knife glitch getting through testing.
- The PC patch which was supposed to update the game to 1.04 was delayed because of the Rolento knife glitch. Capcom didn’t want to spend the money on older patches for PC, so they were waiting for the newest edition, 1.04 to be out on consoles, and then release the PC update about a week later, but due to the glitch’s discovery, it was halted. PC will be receiving the update to 1.05 within a week after the console update.
- Capcom is aware that the PC version has had the Swap costumes unlocked by a hack, as well as the Alternate costumes being backported from the 360 version, but I do not know if they are currently aware that those have been fully enabled in the PC version as well without needing to switch files around. At any rate, the 1.05 patch will disable, at the very least, the Swap costume hack, and anyone found using it will be reported to Microsoft for a potential account ban. Related, this costume unlocker tool also works with SSF4AE, and users of it in that game will be receiving the same punishment.
- Capcom is deeply regretting their DLC decisions with SFxT, but are bound by a contract to both Sony and Microsoft and have very little wiggle room to change things. The 12 DLC characters will NOT be available under any circumstances until the Vita version comes out, however, previously there was going to be a 1 month delay before 360 and PC users were to get the DLC characters (plus Mega Man and Pac Man), but this has since been done away with. All platforms will get the 12 DLC characters on the Vita’s launch day.
- Mega Man and Pac Man will be available on 360 and PC earlier than intended, sometime in July.
- Capcom is adding roughly 20 new colors that were NOT on the disc and will be downloadable when the Vita version launches. By that time, all the colors existing on the disc will be released as well. Colors will continue to be free.
- As a sort of surprise/apology, Capcom is developing two completely new characters that will also be released with the Vita version launch, for all platforms, at no additional cost beyond the cost for the main DLC download. These characters are Evil Ryu and Devil (Kazuya).
- Several balancing changes will be done before the Vita launch. You’ll especially see major changes in the DLC characters, because even though they were “completed”, they were not properly balanced and some of their moves will have very different properties. Bryan and Lars especially have major overhauls.
- Gems will continue to be released, both paid and free, however some gems that were intended to be paid previously will instead be released for free. This of course does not apply to all of the gems.
- Even though a “No Gems” mode has been heavily requested, it is unlikely that there will be such a mode added to the game. This is because, as everyone suspects, Gems exist to make money for Capcom, and even though some of the actual development team wants to side with the fans on this one, the higher ups keep refusing.
- Pandora is getting buffed for the Vita release. It will last very slightly longer and will come with a major strength boost, as well as the free meter that it already grants.
- The timer is getting fixed for the Vita release. It will take two seconds to pass 1 in-game second, so basically match times are doubled.
- The Alternate costumes (the second DLC costume set) will be available when the Vita version launches.
- There was going to be a third set of DLC costumes, dubbed “Alternate 2″, but all development on them has been canceled due to poor sales of the existing DLC costumes and general distaste many people have had with the DLC in general. They wouldn’t have come out until sometime in 2013.
- And, if it wasn’t totally clear yet, there will be no further content developed for Street Fighter x Tekken after the Vita release. The only things that will be released after that will be more of the on-disc DLC Gems. Of course, balance patches may occur, but nothing beyond that.
- No, there will not be a Wii U version.
- The PC patch to the newest version has been delayed due to “a ton of issues” that I don’t have details on, but it should be updated sometime in the coming weeks.
- SF4 is finished. Other than the off chance that a bug fix or balance patch is required, there will be no new updates to the game.
- The 3DS version will not be updated either.
- A balance patch is in the works, but that’s it. UMvC3 is also finished.
- No, there will not be a PC, Wii U, or anything else port.
Regarding Darkstalkers 4:
- The Japanese name is Vampire Resurrection. The Western release will be titled Darkstalkers 4: Vampire Resurrection.
- It is in development, but it is still early on. It will be running on a modified SFxT engine. Don’t expect to see so much as a trailer for a few months at least, and no gameplay for a few months after that.
- The only characters I know will be returning (as of now, it could still change) are Morrigan, Felicia, Hsien-ko, Demitri and B.B. Hood. The only new character I am aware of is apparently a human Dark Hunter named Will who wields two shotguns, and fights mainly by striking with them, but can also shoot.
- It is being developed for PS3 and Vita only at the moment, but that could change in the future.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
When a website dedicated to Capcom fighting games gets a list of potential updates for games across their favourite company's fighting division, they have no choice but to post it. Like...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Ubisoft CEO Believes the Wii U Will Be Very Successful
- THQ Prez Not Cutting Anymore Teams
- EA Will Support the Wii U, "Holding Fire" on Two Game Announcements
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to Have an Open Beta
- Doom 3: BFG on PS3 is Hard to get Running at 60FPS
- Aisha Tyler Posts "I'm a Gamer" Rant on Facebook
- Blizzard Bans Several Thousand Diablo III Cheaters
- Kirby Turns 20, Nintendo Celebrates
- Xbox 360 to Receive System Update
- New Xbox Live Avatar Item Letâ€™s You Weed Out Terrible People