Monday, 11 June 2012 00:19
Games - Games
|← After Crysis 3, Crytek Games Will be Free-To-Play||Guardians of Middle Earth is Tolkien's Defence of the Ancients →|
For the people that love the work of Koei, Pokemon Conquest makes sense. A lot of the gameplay elements you've come to love from Nobunaga's Ambition are still in there, disguised very thinly by the fact that it involves Pokemon. This has been done on purpose, director Hisashi Koinuma told Joystiq, as a way to teach children about strategy games.
"As Tecmo Koei has created a lot of simulation titles, we wanted to introduce the genre of simulation games to children. It's not so much that we want them to start playing Nobunaga's Ambition as an entry point, but just as an entry point to the genre of simulation games.
"Especially in Japan," he continued, "the number of users of simulation games has really dropped over the years, so in order to keep people interested in that genre, we hope that kids would play this game and would take it as a suggestion of 'oh, simulation games are like this.' Then in the future they'd continue playing simulation games."
Koinuma went on to say that many potential fans of the genre are put off by the amount of difficult games on the market.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
For the people that love the work of Koei, Pokemon Conquest makes sense. A lot of the gameplay elements you've come to love from Nobunaga's Ambition are still in there, disguised very...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Halo 4 Designer David Ellis Answers a Few Questions
- Diablo 3 Patch Removes Monster Damage Scaling in Coop Games
- Diablo 3 Real Money Auction House Requires Battle.net Authenticator
- UFC 3 Failed to Break Even, THQ Initiated Sale With EA
- After Crysis 3, Crytek Games Will be Free-To-Play
- Guardians of Middle Earth is Tolkien's Defence of the Ancients
- Metal Gear Online Comes to a Close
- Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Details Leaked, Features Point System
- Mass Effect 3: Earth Multiplayer Expansion Leaked
- Halo 4 Demo Shows a Glimpse of a New Enemy