Friday, 08 June 2012 10:24
Games - Games
|← E3 2012: Craigslist Missed Connections Causes a Stir||Nintendo Releases Mass Effect 3 "Take Earth Back" Wii U Trailer, Shows Nothing New →|
With Sony deep in development of its own version of Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. called, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, will Microsoft follow suit and make their own Xbox Fighting All-Stars? I wouldn't count on it.
According to Microsoft Game Studios chief Phil Spencer, it's a definite "no." Not only that, but he even states, "You do not want that (Xbox mascot) game," and proceeds to give his opinion on the upcoming Sony Mascot fighter.
I'm not going to take a shot at Sony first-party [game development], I think they do some great games. We're going to try to build games that actually create new opportunity on our platform. I don't really need to go and fill genres with the teams that we have. I don't compete with games that are already on my platform. Sure, all games on some level compete for a dollar bill, but for us it's really going to be to try to innovate. I haven't played the game, so I'm not saying it's not innovative, but...
Of course, I'm guessing part of Microsoft and Spencer's concerns is that most people can't even pick five relevant Xbox characters they can put in the game.
There's Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark franchise), Alan Wake, and...not much else. Unless you bring in the cars in Forza or bring in the whole gang from Gears of War, I fail to see how they can even make a complete roster.
Would you be interested in an Xbox all-stars fighter? If so, who would you want to see in it?
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
With Sony deep in development of its own version of Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. called, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, will Microsoft follow suit and make their own Xbox Fighting...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Sony Says PS4 Games Are in Development
- EA Releases E3 Extended Trailer Playthrough for Medal of Honor Warfighter
- Nintendo Prez on Wii U: Hoping for Third-Party Support to "Jump On Board" Once Installed Base is Driven
- Battlefield 3 Armored Kill Expansion Fact Sheet Leaked
- E3 2012: Craigslist Missed Connections Causes a Stir
- Nintendo Releases Mass Effect 3 "Take Earth Back" Wii U Trailer, Shows Nothing New
- Halo 4's Spartan Ops Will Include Five Weekly Co-op Missions
- Gaming in Times of the Cholera - Reactions to E3 2012
- Skyrim 1.6 Goes Live on Xbox 360: Adds Mounts, Bug Fixes
- Epic Games Unveils Unreal Engine 4 in Live Presentation