Friday, 08 June 2012 01:10
Games - Games
|← Tomb Raider Gameplay Demo Shows the Infamous "Attempted Rape" Scene||Wii U to Have Only 8 GB of Internal Storage →|
Quantic Dream's newly announce Beyond: Two Souls looks pretty fantastic and, understandably, people are ready to enjoy a deep, adult storyline and discover more about what the game actually does. Release is a little bit away yet, and so no doubt we're going to be sifting and analysing every bit of information released in a hope of learning something deeper from it.
Take, for instance, this little announcement: you can't die in Beyond. You can fail at certain things, you can take Jodie down a path of disappointment that will have an obvious effect on her and her situation, but you won't ever see a game over screen. David Cage says this is because it "breaks the immersion," and I suppose he's right.
My big worry here is that you couldn't really die in Heavy Rain either, and people hated it. You could walk over broken glass and receive electric shocks and your characters would still just get up, shake their head and stumble back to their beds. It wasn't a bad thing, but in a way it broke the immersion as well, it forgave you for your mistakes so that everybody could play the full extent of their role.
I'm hoping that Quantic Dream have managed to handle things a little bit better than that and, considering Cage's opinion on Heavy Rain, I think things will probably turn out ok.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Quantic Dream's newly announce Beyond: Two Souls looks pretty fantastic and, understandably, people are ready to enjoy a deep, adult storyline and discover more about what the game actually...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Nintendo Releases Mass Effect 3 "Take Earth Back" Wii U Trailer, Shows Nothing New
- Halo 4's Spartan Ops Will Include Five Weekly Co-op Missions
- Gaming in Times of the Cholera - Reactions to E3 2012
- Skyrim 1.6 Goes Live on Xbox 360: Adds Mounts, Bug Fixes
- Epic Games Unveils Unreal Engine 4 in Live Presentation
- Wii U to Have Only 8 GB of Internal Storage
- Watch Dogs to Launch in 2013
- Nintendo Think You'll Be Surprised by Wii U Pricing
- EA Reveals Medal of Honor Warfighter Pre-Order Bonuses
- Assassinâ€™s Creed 3 - A Look at Design (E3)