Thursday, 07 June 2012 11:09
Games - Games
|← Nintendo Will Moderate Miiverse Comments: "I think 30 minutes should be acceptable."||You Can't Die in Beyond →|
If you've seen Square Enix's Tomb Raider reboot in some shape or form, there's a very good chance that you think it's trying to rip-off Naughty Dog's Uncharted series.
While Tomb Raider fans will insist that the franchise was Uncharted back when Naughty Dog was making Crash Bandicoot games, Uncharted fans can argue that Crystal Dynamic's Tomb Raider reboot seems to be "inspired" by Nathan Drake's adventures just a tad too much.
I'm hoping this latest gameplay demo of the game will silence that comparison once and for all. Admittedly, I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon, this video should at least stem the "Tomb Raider is Nathan Drake with boobs" comments that are gaining steam.
The video shows stars off with Lara and her companion finding some sort of sacred ground -- one that's existence is worth a fortune; and this is where things start to go ugly. Lara and her friend get kidnapped, her other colleagues get shot and it seems someone just can't keep their paws off of her even though she's covered in dirt.
The demo shows the game's stealth elements and how Lara can use cover to avoid detection. Aside from that, the game's now infamous "attempted rape" scene is also shown and let's just say that Lara gets to pop her cherry in the video.
To be honest, the only concern I have is Lara's continuous yelping and screaming. While it's there for the game to be realistic, it does grate on the nerves somewhat. Other than that, the game is looking very impressive so far and I love how Crystal Dynamics is giving the game a gritty exterior.
Look for Tomb Raider to hit store shelves on March 5, 2013 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
If you've seen Square Enix's Tomb Raider reboot in some shape or form, there's a very good chance that you think it's trying to rip-off Naughty Dog's Uncharted series. While...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Watch Dogs to Launch in 2013
- Nintendo Think You'll Be Surprised by Wii U Pricing
- EA Reveals Medal of Honor Warfighter Pre-Order Bonuses
- Assassinâ€™s Creed 3 - A Look at Design (E3)
- Nintendo Will Moderate Miiverse Comments: "I think 30 minutes should be acceptable."
- Missed E3? Here's Every Press Conference in One Page
- Sony Not Sure on Gamescom Attendance this Year
- Amazon Lists Resident Evil 6: Anthology and Archives for Consoles
- E3 2012: Women Actually Playing Dead or Alive 5
- Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Details Leaked: Prestige Levels, Killstreak Options, Select Fire