Wednesday, 06 June 2012 07:51
Games - Games
|← Sony Announces God of War: Ascension Collector's Edition, Will Include All Future DLCs at No Extra Cost||Square Enix Unveils Agni's Phislosophy, a Final Fantasy Tech Demo →|
Undoubtedly (in my opinion, at least), Quantic Dream's Beyond: Two Souls' announcement was the highlight of Sony's E3 press conference this year. The short trailer revealed during the presser showed off amazing character animations and the premise itself was very intriguing.
If that wasn't enough to whet your appetite, maybe this 25-minute clip of the game will. While it's obvious enough, I must stress that there are a LOT of spoilers in it. So watch it at your own discretion.
I admit, I didn't watch the video the whole way through since I don't want the game spoiled for me. However, based on what we saw, the game seems to follow in Heavy Rain's narrative footsteps; which is evident just by watching a few minutes of the video.
Jodie Holmes, the game's protagonist, seems to be talking to "someone" that can be seen interacting the game world via a first-person viewpoint. Could the game have two protagonists?
One more major thing I noticed is that the game seems to have its fair share of quick-time events (QTEs). This is almost a given since Heavy Rain relied on the game mechanic a lot. Now, before you go sulk in that corner and complain, keep in mind that this is but one act in the game and in Heavy Rain's defense, QTEs in that game were done splendidly.
Beyond: Two Souls is scheduled to be released in 2013 exclusively for the PS3.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Undoubtedly (in my opinion, at least), Quantic Dream's Beyond: Two Souls' announcement was the highlight of Sony's E3 press conference this year. The short trailer revealed during the...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- E3 2012 Coverage: Nintendo Conference
- Halo 4 Mutliplayer Info Blowout
- Sony Confirms The Last of Us Won't Be out this Year
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for PC Supports DX11, Improved Graphics, Mouse and Keyboard Controls
- Sony Announces God of War: Ascension Collector's Edition, Will Include All Future DLCs at No Extra Cost
- Square Enix Unveils Agni's Phislosophy, a Final Fantasy Tech Demo
- Two Worlds Developer Announces Sacrilegium, a Survival Horror Game
- Diablo 3 1.0.3 Patch Tweaks Inferno Difficulty, Death Penalties, and Gem Combination Costs
- The Map and the Territory: Why Other Players Enrich Everything You Play
- Star Wars 1313 Extended Gameplay Footage Revealed