Friday, 01 June 2012 23:10
|← Watch The MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet Come Together Live!||Blondie Ambition: Malin Akerman Drops 'CBGB' Details →|
Best Kiss nominee and Movie Awards presenter says she was 'so not ready' for film's emotionally charged speech.
By Amy Wilkinson, with reporting by Josh Horowitz
UNIVERSAL CITY, California — In her latest film, "Snow White and the Huntsman," actress Kristen Stewart proves that the fabled heroine is not only fair, but incredibly fierce. Suiting up in armor and wielding a glinting sword, Snow White must save her kingdom from the clutches of her evil stepmother, Queen Ravenna (played by Charlize Theron).
Yet, for as much onscreen bravery as she showed, Stewart was admittedly apprehensive about one scene in particular, she revealed during Sneak Peek Week, leading up to the 2012 MTV Movie Awards tomorrow at 9 p.m. ET, where the actress is also a presenter.
Stewart, along with co-star Sam Claflin, took to the Universal Studios CityWalk stage to debut an exclusive clip from the film and participate in a 30-minute Q&A session. When asked by a fan in the audience which scene was the most emotional for her to film, the Best Kiss nominee hesitated before recalling a moment late in the movie in which Snow White rallies her troops. Clad in a billowing white gown, Stewart delivers a rousing monologue, encouraging the townspeople to take up arms against the Queen — not for her sake but for their own.
"It kept getting kicked to the end of the schedule. It was like, 'I'm so not ready for that; put that one off a little longer,' " Stewart recalled. "Every single day we were re-writing it. I still need to frame that thing — laminate it somehow and give it to Rupert [Sanders] the director — the different renditions of it. It's disintegrating."
Co-star Claflin was quick to praise Stewart for her performance in the movie's pivotal moment.
"The girl was wearing no shoes in the coldest day of English history and was wearing, like, a nightie," Claflin said. "I don't know how she did it, honestly. Man power. Woman power. Girl power ... she did a smashing job on that."
- Sneak Peek Week At The 2012 Movie Awards
- 'Snow White And The Huntsman' World Premiere
- Snow White And The Huntsman
Source: MTVQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Best Kiss nominee and Movie Awards presenter says she was 'so not ready' for film's emotionally charged speech. By Amy Wilkinson, with reporting by Josh Horowitz Kristen Stewart Photo: MTV...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Andy Samberg Thinks Russell Brand Will 'Kill It' At Movie Awards
- Will 'Magic Mike' Cast Strip At MTV Movie Awards?
- Russell Brand To Fart His Way Through MTV Movie Awards?
- 'Avengers' Becomes Third-Highest-Grossing Movie Ever
- Watch The MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet Come Together Live!
- Blondie Ambition: Malin Akerman Drops 'CBGB' Details
- 'Magic Mike' Cast Had No Problem Getting Naked
- MTV Movie Awards Stage: Exclusive First Look!
- Seven Reasons Emma Stone Is A Gosling-Kissing Trailblazer
- Russell Brand And Charlie Sheen: 'Winning' At The Movie Awards