Wednesday, 30 May 2012 20:20
Games - Games
|← The Witcher 2 Skates Past 1.7 Million Copies Sold||How Were Video Games Made Back in the 80s? →|
The long legal battle between Silicon Knights and Epic Games has finally come to an end. Epic Games claimed victory earlier today, bringing the five-year war to a swift conclusion.
This could turn out to be the final straw, as Silicon Knights’ latest title, Too Human, was an absolute failure. The game was in development for near a decade, and released to lackluster reviews and less-than-impressive sales.
"Case over. Jury finds for Epic on all counts," Epic executive Mark Rein tweeted.
The argument began due to an accusation from Silicon Knights’ side. They claimed that Epic Games was holding back valuable money, developing their then-fledgling franchise, Gears of War. However, what was their problem specifically? Well, apparently problems with the Unreal Engine forced the company to switch to a makeshift proprietary game engine, ultimately hurting Too Human’s quality.
What do you think? Could Silicon Knights be in trouble? It’s expected that the company will have to pay Epic Games $4.45 million in damages, plus court costs.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
The long legal battle between Silicon Knights and Epic Games has finally come to an end. Epic Games claimed victory earlier today, bringing the five-year war to a swift conclusion. This...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Steam Release For Dark Souls PC, Additional Content Coming to Consoles
- Ubisoft May Reveal Splinter Cell: Blacklist at E3
- Leaked Dead Space 3 Screens Heavily Imply Co-op, New Rigs & Enemies with Guns!
- Diablo III Stricken by "Error 37" Once Again
- The Witcher 2 Skates Past 1.7 Million Copies Sold
- How Were Video Games Made Back in the 80s?
- Sony's Ebook Initiative [Rumor]
- I'm Angry About Amazon Instant on the XBOX 360
- Lord of the Rings Dota-like Game Announced by Warner Bros.
- CD Projekt Red Conference Details