Wednesday, 30 May 2012 12:30
Games - Games
|← Square Enix Reveals E3 2012 Lineup||CD Projekt Red Conference Details →|
Warner Bros. Interactive has announced a new Lords of the Ring game to tie-in with Peter Jackson's upcoming The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey -- but it couldn't be further from what you were expecting.
The game will be called Guardians of Middle-Earth but it won't be your standard hack-and-slash affair. Developer Monolith has instead patterned the game after Defense of the Ancients (DOTA); or as they call it now the "Multiplayer Online Battle Arena" (MOBA) genre.
While it might use the LOTR license, the game will still adhere to the genre's usual tropes as stated below.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Warner Bros. Interactive has announced a new Lords of the Ring game to tie-in with Peter Jackson's upcoming The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey -- but it couldn't be further from what you...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- The Witcher 2 Skates Past 1.7 Million Copies Sold
- Epic Games Wins Long Legal Battle with Silicon Knights
- How Were Video Games Made Back in the 80s?
- Sony's Ebook Initiative [Rumor]
- I'm Angry About Amazon Instant on the XBOX 360
- CD Projekt Red Conference Details
- CD Projekt Announces New RPG, Based on "Cyberpunk" P&P Setting
- NBA 2K13 Gets Dated for Release in October
- Why Should you Care About Sequels?
- Worms Reloaded Goes on Sale This Weekend on Steam