Wednesday, 30 May 2012 01:40
Games - Games
|← Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Release Date Revealed||Apple CEO has no Interest in Entering the Console Market →|
Microsoft's Chief Marketing Officer of Interactive Entertainment Division Yusuf Mehdi has just revealed some very impressive figures in regards to the company's stronghold in the console market.
The data, which was revealed on the company's official blog, states that Microsoft has now sold 67 million Xbox 360 units to date since the console's launch back in 2005. This figure translates to a very healthy $56 billion at retail (it wasn't revealed if peripheral and software sales were included in the figure).
This data is bolstered by figures for Kinect, as Microsoft has also revealed that its motion-controller has now sold 19 million units globally since launch.
Regarding their online presence, Microsoft has stated that Xbox LIVE has a staggering 40 million members; though they didn't specify the breakdown on Silver and Gold memberships and how many of those 40 million are currently active.
The publisher has also released a graph showing how Xbox 360 sales have increased year-on-year.
While it's easy to poke fun at the numbers and exclaim that it's due to people buying multiple Xbox 360s because of the "Red Ring of Death," they are, nonetheless, impressive.
Look for these numbers to crop up during Microsoft's E3 press conference which is happening on Monday, June 4 at 9:30 a.m. PDT.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Microsoft's Chief Marketing Officer of Interactive Entertainment Division Yusuf Mehdi has just revealed some very impressive figures in regards to the company's stronghold in the...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Agent 47 Takes on The Saints in a New Hitman: Absolution Trailer
- Square Enix Reveals E3 2012 Lineup
- PS+ Revamp on its way, to be Revealed at E3
- Heavy Rain Team Thought They "Could Have Done a Better Job With Everything"
- Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Release Date Revealed
- Apple CEO has no Interest in Entering the Console Market
- Velocity Working on US Vitas
- Metro: Last Light "Unconfirmed" for Wii U
- Nintendo Power Confirms Castlevania: Mirror of Fate Lords of Shadows Spin-Off
- Skyrim In Trials Evolution