Tuesday, 29 May 2012 06:06
|← Mumford & Sons Finish New Album, Announce U.S. Tour Dates||Jay-Z, Kanye West's 'No Church' Video Sparks Revolution →|
Bieber pays homage to Motown soul with new Believe single.
By Jocelyn Vena
Justin Bieber's new single "Die in Your Arms" is full of funky beats, Motown harmonies and good old-fashioned romantic longing. In the song, produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, Bieber just wants to make the apple of his eye believe he loves her so much that he'd rather die in her arms than be away from her for too long.
The song's vintage swing, finger snaps and melodies certainly recall the heyday of feel-good R&B from the 1960s, which is mirrored in the song's sentiment. On the chorus, Bieber sings, "Honestly, the truth is, if I could just die in your arms/ I wouldn't mind/ 'Cause every time you touch me/ I just die in your arms/ It feels so right/ So baby, baby, baby, please don't stop girl."
In keeping with the song's vintage feel, at one point, he breaks from singing to say, "Oh, baby, I know loving you ain't easy, but it sure is worth a try."
"Die" is the follow-up to the more pop-'n'-b-leaning "Boyfriend," which he dropped back in March. Last week he dropped a remix to the song, featuring 2 Chainz, Mac Miller and Asher Roth, which certainly ups the song's hip-hop ante quite a bit. "And we can be like Selena and Biebs/ Wild and free, a couple disobedient teens/ Sneaking out to meet like two o' clock in the eve/ Paparazzi ain't a problem, we just hide on the beach," Roth spits on the track.
Bieber is currently abroad promoting his June 19 album release, Believe, amid allegations he got into a scuffle with a paparazzo over the weekend while out in Los Angeles with girlfriend Selena Gomez.
"i hope when you guys hear #BELIEVE you finally understand how i feel about you. I appreciate and love you. this is about us. thank you," he tweeted over the weekend about the album release, shortly after news broke of the fray with the photographer.
Source: MTVQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Bieber pays homage to Motown soul with new Believe single. By Jocelyn Vena Justin Bieber on his "Believe" album cover Photo: Justin Bieber/ Twitter Justin Bieber's new single "Die in...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Justin Bieber To Star In First Prime-Time Network Special
- Fun. Tease 'Some Nights' Video Ahead Of MTV Premiere
- Kristen Stewart Went 'Through Hell' For 'Snow White' ... And Loved It
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Bipolar Disorder
- Mumford & Sons Finish New Album, Announce U.S. Tour Dates
- Jay-Z, Kanye West's 'No Church' Video Sparks Revolution
- 'Men In Black' Shoot Down 'Avengers' At Holiday Weekend Box Office
- Against Me! Singer Tom Gabel Plays First Show As Woman
- Justin Bieber Investigated In Criminal Battery Against Paparazzo
- Jessica Sanchez Wanted To Push 'Girl Power' On 'American Idol'