Friday, 25 May 2012 07:08
|← Robert Pattinson's 'Cosmopolis': The Cannes Reviews Are In!||'Men In Black' Star Will Smith's Energy Needs To Be 'Harnessed' →|
Plus, Jon Favreau confirms that he's reprising his role as Tony Stark's driver, Happy Hogan, in 'Iron Man 3.'
By Kevin P. Sullivan
Robert Downey Jr. in "Iron Man 2"
Photo: Paramount Pictures
Just last night, the studio announced casting for villains in the upcoming sequels "Thor 2" and "Iron Man 3", while Jon Favreau confirmed he would reprise his role as Tony Stark's driver, Happy Hogan.
In two separate scoops from Variety, the trade paper reported that Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen is in talks to play the villain in the Alan Taylor-directed "Thor" sequel, and that Ashley Hamilton, son of George, could join "Iron Man 3" as the villain Firepower. The identity of Mikkelsen's potential character has yet to be revealed.
And while he won't be returning to direct the third "Iron Man" movie, Jon Favreau will be coming back to reprise his role as Happy Hogan. The actor-turned-director tweeted a photo of his personalized chair from the set of "Iron Man 3."
Favreau had previously turned down an offer to direct his third "Iron Man" film, allowing "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" director Shane Black to take a crack at billionaire playboy and philanthropist Tony Stark. It was unclear whether Favreau would return to play Happy, who had a significantly larger role in "Iron Man 2," but recent word that Favreau would still be largely involved is now confirmed.
Rumors have already begun to circulate about the identity of Mikkelsen's character. The most popular theory involves a character called the Executioner, a rumor started by Bleeding Cool.
"Thor 2" is scheduled to go in front of cameras later this year for a fall 2013 release, while production on "Iron Man 3" is already under way for its summer 2013 bow.
Source: MTVQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Plus, Jon Favreau confirms that he's reprising his role as Tony Stark's driver, Happy Hogan, in 'Iron Man 3.' By Kevin P. Sullivan Robert Downey Jr. in "Iron Man 2" Photo: Paramount...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- 'Bridesmaids' Battle: A Movie Awards Funny Face-Off
- Jimi Hendrix Reincarnated By Andre 3000 In Biopic Photos
- Kristen Stewart Kicks Off Sneak Peek Week: Tune In Tonight!
- 'Game Of Thrones' Battle Of Blackwater 'Off The Scale'
- Robert Pattinson's 'Cosmopolis': The Cannes Reviews Are In!
- 'Men In Black' Star Will Smith's Energy Needs To Be 'Harnessed'
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Footage To Debut During MTV Movie Awards!
- 'Men In Black' Stars Pit Tommy Lee Jones Against Josh Brolin
- Robert Pattinson: Working With 'Cosmopolis' Director Was 'A Relief'
- Katy Perry Hits Water Park In New 'Part Of Me' Clip