Friday, 25 May 2012 01:03
Games - Games
|← LucasArts to Reveal Unannounced Game at E3||Jill and Claire Might Make it to Resident Evil 6 →|
I had a chance to interview OnLive CEO Steve Perlman at Eurogamer last year, and, while the interview was unfortunately never published, I did have chance to ask him about the chance to bring OnLive to home consoles. He said that it was something that was possible and that he was constantly in touch with console manufacturers. It was awesome news because OnLive is a service that deserves to be more accessible to people too worried about internet allowances and broadband speeds to give it a go.
And while I was led to believe at the time that if it was going to appear anywhere, it would be on a Microsoft console, this rumour is pretty exciting. Sony is allegedly going to announce a cloud gaming partnership with either OnLive or Gaikai at E3. Doing so would potentially give access to the latest PC games via your PlayStation 3, a fairly big win, without a doubt.
Of course, there's also a chance that they're hiring one of the companies to build a PS3-exclusive version of the service, with demos and games available to stream rather that download; still pretty awesome, but hardly as exciting as the idea of playing PC games through a console.
Source: VG 24/7
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
I had a chance to interview OnLive CEO Steve Perlman at Eurogamer last year, and, while the interview was unfortunately never published, I did have chance to ask him about the chance to bring...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Diablo III: Why Are Elites and Champions More Challenging Than Act Bosses?
- "Because We May" Slashes Prices Across Platforms
- More Revengeance Footage Will be Released Before E3
- May 24th Came and Went Without Grand Theft Auto V
- LucasArts to Reveal Unannounced Game at E3
- Jill and Claire Might Make it to Resident Evil 6
- Report: Star Wars: The Old Republic has Less than 350 Players on Average for Each Server
- Indie Game: The Movie Coming to Steam, Could Denote Big Things for the Service
- Sleeping Dogs 101 is Now in Session
- Dead or Alive 5 Adds Lei Fang and Zack