Tuesday, 22 May 2012 11:31
Games - Games
|← Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask Gets Trademarked in US||Square Enix Play Arts Kai Announces Batman Arkham Asylum Figure Set →|
The newly announced Red Orchestra 2 Game of the Year Edition is set to add two new gameplay modes, a new map, and a host of improvements according to its developer Tripwire.
"One of the things we learned from the fans after the release was that many of them thought the game was too hardcore, not hardcore enough, or just not enough like the original game," said Tripwire's John Gibson. To that end, the developer is adding two new modes—Classic and Action—to cater to all its fans.
To kick off the GOTY Edition's release, Red Orchestra 2 will be playable for free on Steam this weekend, so be sure to pull yourself away from whatever it is you're playing and check it out.
Here's what's in the update:
Mamayev Kurgan, a new multiplayer map lined with bunkers and trenches
“‘Action’ mode – Featuring a crosshair, easier aiming and toned down recoil, reduced damage and open access to a wide range of weaponry Action mode is the perfect first step for players into the world of Red Orchestra.”
“‘Classic’ mode blends the gameplay innovations of the new game with the tactical and edgy gameplay of the original giving the fans of the first game exactly what they want.”
Vehicle improvements, including a toning-down of AI tank accuracy
Machineguns are now “easier to use,” according to Tripwire
Performance improvements, including revamp of dynamic shadows, changes to UI rendering, map optimizations, and more
Optional client-side hit detection
Refinement of spawn-on-squad leader, spawn protection, overtime, and Lockdown
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
The newly announced Red Orchestra 2 Game of the Year Edition is set to add two new gameplay modes, a new map, and a host of improvements according to its developer Tripwire. "One of the...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Take a Look at the up and Coming Marvel MMO
- PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale to be on Vita as Well?
- Blizzard: Diablo III Accounts Were Hacked Through Traditional Means, Attacks Were Orchestrated
- Counter-Strike Global Offensive Gets Updated, 30-Player Maps
- Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask Gets Trademarked in US
- Square Enix Play Arts Kai Announces Batman Arkham Asylum Figure Set
- Diablo 3 Soundtrack Now Available on iTunes
- GRTV: Minecraft 360 Edition Review
- Latest Dust 514 Trailer Welcomes You to "Eden"
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldiers Now in Stores