Tuesday, 22 May 2012 00:17
Games - Games
|← Bungie's Destiny, Sci-Fi Online FPS Franchise Revealed||Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Dated for Release →|
If you aren’t aware of the ongoing problems over at 38 Studios, then I am not even going to make the usual “You live under a rock” joke. Just know that this has been a huge part of the gaming space, namely for the past week and a half.
While we were all expecting job cuts from the studio, today it was confirmed by Curt Schilling himself. The studio head spoke to reporters outside of a closed-doors meeting with Rhode Island’s governor, Lincoln Chafee; also in attendance were various state economic officials.
There’s so much misinformation out there I cannot begin to clear it up with a sound bite," said Schilling.
“We’re not asking the taxpayers for more money.”
“We’re working through all this. It’s a company in a difficult, complex and competitive market. I know taxpayers want to know more. They’ll get their answers over time.” he continued.
He closed his brief statements with this: a motivation not usually seen by developers or publishers who are this far in the hole.
“I want 38 Studios to be successful, as I’m sure every Rhode Islander does,” he said. “We’re into it for tens of millions of dollars.”
I don’t even live in the state of Rhode Island, and I want 38 Studios to be successful. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, their latest game, was a great effort. Furthermore, their upcoming MMORPG – codenamed “Copernicus,” is still in development. The last thing any of us want to see is yet another press release concerning further game cancellations.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
If you aren’t aware of the ongoing problems over at 38 Studios, then I am not even going to make the usual “You live under a rock” joke. Just know that this has been a huge...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- GTA 5 Release Could be Narrowed Down Tomorrow
- A Payne to End All Pains: Max Payne 3 Verdict â€” The Hype
- Borderlands 2: Revamped Inventory, Health Kits Drop in the Middle of Battle
- Diablic Scorecard - Why Some Games are Immune to the Metacritic Blackhole
- Bungie's Destiny, Sci-Fi Online FPS Franchise Revealed
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Dated for Release
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Development Going Well, Stop Worrying
- Gameplay Footage of Metal Gear: Rising Coming Before E3
- Blizzard Promises to Stop Rampant Hacking in Diablo III
- DMC: Devil May Cry has a Launch Date