Tuesday, 22 May 2012 01:48
Games - Games
|← Diablic Scorecard - Why Some Games are Immune to the Metacritic Blackhole||Curt Schilling Confirms Layoffs from 38 Studios →|
I hesitate to use the word 'leaked' in the title, or even 'announced', for the revelation that Bungie is developing a new title was revealed through unsealed court documents in an Activision lawsuit against Infinity Ward.
Bungie's contract with Activision outlines a four-game plan for Destiny, the franchise's codename. Described as a "sci-fantasy, action shooter" the first game in the series will be released on the Xbox 360 and the next-generation Xbox during fall 2013, confirming that Microsoft will release a new console before the end of next year. Future titles in the series will be released in 2015, 2017 and 2019.
According to the unsealed documents, each game in the series will be extended with the release of an expansion pack in fall 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020.
Furthermore, even though the first Destiny title will be released only on the 360 and the purported Xbox 720, it will be later released on the PlayStation 3 as well as Sony's next-gen PlayStation 4 in fall 2014.
The second title, which is slated for a 2016 release, will be out on the Xbox 360, 720, PlayStation 4, as well as PC.
All of these details are, of course, subject to change given the fact that the Xbox 360 may well be an obsolete machine four years from now—but plans remain in place for their development.
Destiny is described as a "massively-multiplayer style" title with "client b ased mission structures with persistent elements." In other words, it's kind of like Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, but as an FPS. In addition to the expansions, the company plans to release DLCs, "value-added services" and micro-transactions.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
bungie logo I hesitate to use the word 'leaked' in the title, or even 'announced', for the revelation that Bungie is developing a new title was revealed through unsealed court...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Release Date Revealed, Plus Pre-Order Bonuses
- GTA 5 Release Could be Narrowed Down Tomorrow
- A Payne to End All Pains: Max Payne 3 Verdict â€” The Hype
- Borderlands 2: Revamped Inventory, Health Kits Drop in the Middle of Battle
- Diablic Scorecard - Why Some Games are Immune to the Metacritic Blackhole
- Curt Schilling Confirms Layoffs from 38 Studios
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Dated for Release
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Development Going Well, Stop Worrying
- Gameplay Footage of Metal Gear: Rising Coming Before E3
- Blizzard Promises to Stop Rampant Hacking in Diablo III