Friday, 18 May 2012 04:21
|← Van Halen Postpone Summer Tour Dates||50 Cent And Wiz Khalifa Collaboration: 'Stay Tuned' →|
U2 singer has more than two-percent stake in Facebook, worth $1.5 billion.
By Gil Kaufman
According to England's NME, the already flush, tech-savvy Irish rock icon owns 2.3 percent of the shares of Facebook through his investment group, Elevation Partners. Well before Facebook filed papers to go public, Elevation paid $90 million for the shares in 2009 and after what is expected to be the second-biggest IPO in history, Bono's share could be worth more than $1.5 billion.
With a gang of records already in pocket, the one-day take could give the singer bragging rights of a different sort as well. If the calculations are correct (a spokesperson for the band could not be reached by MTV News at press time for confirmation) then Bono would surpass former Beatle Paul McCartney as the world's richest rock star. McCartney's vast fortune is estimated to be around $1.05 billion.
NME also reported that U2 are said to be working the songwriters behind British boy band One Direction, including Swedish pop writer Carl Falk, who wrote the group's breakthrough hit, "What Makes You Beautiful."
An unnamed source told the magazine, "The band are back in the studio getting a feel for new material after the last album 'No Line On The Horizon'. Will.i.am had a credit on that and they are looking to explore that direction further. They have been working with Danger Mouse and RedOne. They are excited about getting to work with Carl Falk."
Source: MTVQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
U2 singer has more than two-percent stake in Facebook, worth $1.5 billion. By Gil Kaufman Bono Photo: ShowBizIreland/ Getty Images Talk about a "Beautiful Day." Once the smoke clears...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Katy Perry Releases 'Part Of Me' Movie Poster
- 'American Idol' Elimination Brings 'Relief,' Joshua Ledet Says
- Rihanna Calls Acting 'A Challenge' -- But 'I Like That'
- Drake Showers Love On Houston With Club Paradise Tour
- Van Halen Postpone Summer Tour Dates
- 50 Cent And Wiz Khalifa Collaboration: 'Stay Tuned'
- Carly Rae Jepsen Thinks 'Call Me Maybe' Viral Videos Are 'Rad'
- Facebook IPO Could Smash Records, Spur New Tech Wave
- Nick Jonas Recalls 'How To Succeed' Fan 'Craziness'
- 'Vampire Diaries,' Justin Bieber Lead Teen Choice Award Nominations