Wednesday, 09 May 2012 22:39
Games - Games
|← Square Enix PS2 Classics coming to 360 and PS3||EA COO Talks about the Digital Market →|
Apparently, sales for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 are down. However, this isn’t just “down.” The sales are slowing faster than other Call of Duty games.
Infinity Ward’s Mark Rubin spoke to Eurogamer, and talked about why he thinks this doesn’t mean anything in the long run.
"What we're seeing is bigger and bigger spikes earlier on," he explained.
"Sales aren't less, they're more, but they're just front-loaded. People are getting more and more excited about the launch and more aware of when it comes out. Pre-orders are crazy, through the roof. Every time we come out with a game it breaks the record of the previous game."
Modern Warfare 3 sold a massive 6.5-million copies on day-one in the U.S. and U.K. alone, so there may be some truth to his words.
"Sales aren't dwindling at all, they're just appearing front-loaded towards the launch, rather than spread out as they were in the past. They aren't down, they're just different."
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Apparently, sales for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 are down. However, this isn’t just “down.” The sales are slowing faster than other Call of Duty games. Infinity...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Square licence "long-dormant" characters to Nintendo, Mario RPG 3DS rumours begin
- Dead Space 3 will be at E3, coming early 2013
- "Sons of Liberty" looking to bring back the American Dream in Rising
- Inside XBOX axed in Europe
- Square Enix PS2 Classics coming to 360 and PS3
- EA COO Talks about the Digital Market
- Analyst Speaks on the Elder Scrolls MMO
- Diablo III Fans Beware: Cinematics, Story Details Leaked Onto the Intertubes
- Warlock: Master of the Arcane — Just One More Turn
- Warlock: Master of the Arcane â€” Just One More Turn