Wednesday, 09 May 2012 03:41
Games - Games
|← BioShock Infinite Release Date Delayed to 2013||We've already seen Ascension's Kratos Model →|
Would Battlefield 3 be the game that could finally tumble Call of Duty's crown? Looking back now, with hindsight, it was a silly expectation and Modern Warfare 3 became the biggest entertainment launch in history. Some have taken that as a sign that Battlefield wasn't successful and didn't do as well as fans (and EA) were claiming it would.
EA have announced that the title, released late October 2011, has shipped 15 million units. That's a very different thing to SOLD 15 million units, but it's still a very healthy figure. EA claim that it has performed to their expectations and that by the end of this fiscal year, they hope to have shipped another three million units.
It was also promised that Battlefield fans would have a lot to be excited about in the 2012-2013 fiscal year, a hint perhaps at upcoming e3 announcements? It was also announced that Battlefield 3 would soon become one of the biggest selling EA titles and, they asserted, had taken a significant share from its "leading competitor."
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Would Battlefield 3 be the game that could finally tumble Call of Duty's crown? Looking back now, with hindsight, it was a silly expectation and Modern Warfare 3 became the biggest...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Assassin's Creed III Pre-Order Bonuses Detailed and Illustrated
- Buy Starhawk, get the original Warhawk free
- "Leaked" Black Ops II screens are from Blacklight Retribution
- Microsoft Patents Xbox Controller with Pressure-Sensitive Signature Personalization
- BioShock Infinite Release Date Delayed to 2013
- We've already seen Ascension's Kratos Model
- MechWarrior and other movie domains registered
- Dead Space 3 will let you face untold horrors... with a friend
- Diablo III: Wrath Animated Short Released
- Diablo III: Claim Your Mark of Valor ASAP!